Ending up on Flanger presets when browsing presets from a Reverb module

• Hi friends,

I wonder if you are seeing this too. When I hold down a button with a reverb effect loaded to browse reverb presets, I end up in the flanger presets, when I turn the Browse knob:

The category and type is correct however I end up in Flanger presets so I can't really get the reverb presets easily. Here is a video as well:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seems wrong? I'm on latest beta.

Nikolaj

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yes I talked to Kemper Support about that last week. That is a known issue they are working on.

It makes your profiles sound very thin and lifeless depending on what effect is showing in that third slot. Sometimes it says clean boost. Sometime a mouse distortion, etc. but all it takes to fix is to turn that bottom left knob (category knob) to go off of reverb and to a different category and then turn it right back to reverb and it all snaps into place correctly. Save it and all is good until the next time you boot up your Kemper.

Officially the Kemper support rep said it does not affect your profile sound. That is definitely incorrect. Depending on what effect is showing I think it makes a huge difference. If EQ is showing you might not notice it at all. If Mouse Distortion is showing it makes your profile sound terrible.

But either way. Easy to fix. You just have to fix it every time you turn the amp on.

• This is a known issue, which just happens, if you open a module for the first time after restart. Afterwards the lists are in sync and stay in sync.

While the first move of the BROWSE knob opens the effect window, it doesn't load a preset. You see on the picture above, that while the flanger preset is in focus - which doesn't match category Reverb nor Type Legacy Reverb - the screen color and LED of the REV module are green as for reverb and not violet as for flanger.

As soon as further dial the BROWSE knob the list gets in sync.

So, this is just a cosmetic issue without sound implications.

• Not so sure about that Burkhard. If I turn the browser knob the type and category change from reverb to flanger and a flanger preset is loaded where I wanted a reverb preset. Not only cosmetic I'd say?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you intend to load a specific preset you need to dial to that preset. If you stop at another preset on your way to that destination preset and if autoload is activated, that other preset gets loaded temporily. I would call that normal autoload logic. You cannot blame autoload for loading a preset, that you actively select. Yes, the list starts at a screwed entry point once after a restart, but nothing gets loaded, that you don't select. The sound doesn't accidentally change and nothing gets stored anyhow.

• Please don't confuse my initial report with other posts in this thread, thanks. It's very inconvenient that the starting point is screwed up, as you have to scroll through a lot of presets to get back to reverb. Could it be considered for a fix please?

• It will be considered, but it's not prioritized that high as it only happens once after a restart. So the "inconvenience" is rather limited. If you dial the TYPE knob instead, the lists are immdiately in sync and you are immediately in the reverbs area. And this list issue as such has no effect on sound.

• Ok thanks - I'll try the work around with the TYPE knob to see if that is less inconvenient.

• I agree with Burkhard. I had posted earlier in this thread that it was affecting the sound but I had a different sound issue that has been fixed with upgrades and I kept noticing this odd thing after start up so I thought they were connected. The only change in sound is that it sometimes changes my Legacy Reverb setting to Spring Reverb when I turn the TYPE knob one notch and then turn it back.

But it's a very simple thing to set once after a boot up and it never happens again until the next boot up.