The sound of Stranglehold

• Hey guys. Are there any profiles out there that I could use to mimic the sound of Stranglehold by Ted Nugent?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have had hearing damage - loss since seeing him with the original solo line up back in the 70's. On the floor straight from stage was painful. Good stuff :P like getting dropped on your head at birth in a good way.

• On the floor straight from stage was painful.

Yes, it was, at even further out. It was the only time in my life @ approx 100 feet from the stage I had to cover my ears. He was playing "stacked" Twins at the time. And this was no small place and I have been to dozens of other concerts that were loud, but not Ted loud. Uncle Ted was the loudest by far that I have experienced, but watching him play his ass off was worth the $5.00 ticket (yea it was a while back). :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• sounds like Marshall Plexi with moderate gain so there should be plenty of free or paid for rigs that get you in the ball park.

You are correct, it "does" sound like a Plexi but it was not, at least on stage. In the studio OTOH, who knows what magic took place.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Yes, it was, at even further out. It was the only time in my life @ approx 100 feet from the stage I had to cover my ears. He was playing "stacked" Twins at the time. And this was no small place and I have been to dozens of other concerts that were loud, but not Ted loud. Uncle Ted was the loudest by far that I have experienced, but watching him play his ass off was worth the $5.00 ticket (yea it was a while back). :D

Magical times (and prices mentioned) those were as all the big bands of the era were touring seemingly not stop. I was thinking about the original post and not sure there is whole lot out there for pushed twin profiles? Could be mistaken but if anyone knows of any please post.

• Saw him at the first Texxas Jam in '78 ($12, but it was an all day show), and even in an outdoor stadium setting it was loud. In fairness, so was Van Halen and everyone else. Fortunately, most of us had taken medication to avoid discomfort.

Back in the late 70s I had an old brown face Fender Bandmaster 50 watt head that a friend had customized with a master volume. You dime those things and you will absolutely get rock and roll. In my case, since I was just a bar guy, I was able to dime it and then turn it down.

It's been a while since I went fishing in Rig Manager, but I seem to recall references to "dimed" Fenders. That might be a couple of keywords to search for. And I would leave it open to Fenders of any description. What speaker cab, etc. will obviously have an effect but at it's heart a cranked Fender is its own thing.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Saw him at the first Texxas Jam in '78 ($12, but it was an all day show), and even in an outdoor stadium setting it was loud. In fairness, so was Van Halen and everyone else. Fortunately, most of us had taken medication to avoid discomfort.

Back in the late 70s I had an old brown face Fender Bandmaster 50 watt head that a friend had customized with a master volume. You dime those things and you will absolutely get rock and roll. In my case, since I was just a bar guy, I was able to dime it and then turn it down.

It's been a while since I went fishing in Rig Manager, but I seem to recall references to "dimed" Fenders. That might be a couple of keywords to search for. And I would leave it open to Fenders of any description. What speaker cab, etc. will obviously have an effect but at it's heart a cranked Fender is its own thing.

Wow VH at Texas Jam...I remember seeing AC/DC with Bon Scott for the first time not knowing a whole lot about them. Was not ready (no one was) for what took place when they hit that stage. VH must have been incredible at that show.

Thanks for the Fender tip!