Ok i made up my mind after 3 months of thinking ....Bye Bye JSX

• Well, i must admit, i love my Peavey JSX + Cab but im gonna have this baby gone and try the revolutionary Kemper Profiling Amp. So no more Cab (im still wondering how good it will sound through my Sony Muteki Home Theater System ...mm anyone?) nevermind, so basically my best friend who loves Metal Music and Arch Enemy type of sound was blown away today when he first had the chance to try my amp all by himself and was blown away, so now i can have the Kemper...but Still worried with no power amp and Real Cab (and hopefully never in need because i only play at home)
    You guys can recommend me the Sony Muteki or any non FRFR speakers and speak for it to sound good with the Kemper?(im not thinking the best but...) you know why im worried? i dont have money after my Kemper purshache to buy me a good FRFR system so its gonna be the Sony or my Headphones.
    Hope you understand my dilema, im poor at English though
    Regards,
    gothmessiah

• Well, i must admit, i love my Peavey JSX + Cab but im gonna have this baby gone and try the revolutionary Kemper Profiling Amp. So no more Cab (im still wondering how good it will sound through my Sony Muteki Home Theater System ...mm anyone?) nevermind, so basically my best friend who loves Metal Music and Arch Enemy type of sound was blown away today when he first had the chance to try my amp all by himself and was blown away, so now i can have the Kemper...but Still worried with no power amp and Real Cab (and hopefully never in need because i only play at home)
    You guys can recommend me the Sony Muteki or any non FRFR speakers and speak for it to sound good with the Kemper?(im not thinking the best but...) you know why im worried? i dont have money after my Kemper purshache to buy me a good FRFR system so its gonna be the Sony or my Headphones.
    Hope you understand my dilema, im poor at English though
    Regards,
    gothmessiah

Man i have both kemper and jsx, what works best for me is " kemper -- adam 7 + kemper -- power amp -- jsx cab " this is the best from both world at same time. You will get the defenition of monitor and the guitar cab feel.

• Hi gothmessiah,
    welcome :)

I think your Sony Muteki Home Theater System could be considered "FRFR enough" for your use. The twin 200 W 10" subwoofers sound like they can give you all the punch you need.Even too much, maybe.
    You'll just have to position your system for the best sonic reproduction, and remember you have lost of EQ in the KPA to tailor a good response out.

Have fun!

PS; for HP monitoring, try a HP amp (for example, your home stereo one): you might like it more than the supplied HP out.

• I think the KPA sounds absolutely amazing through anything, really.
    I use mine with 2 ~50 wattish Sanyo hi-fi speaker cabs (with amazing Hungarian Videoton speakers) from the eighties, powered by a JVC hi-fi PA from the eighties... I hated this setup with my Axe-Fx, but I love it with the Kemper.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I think the KPA sounds absolutely amazing through anything, really.
    I use mine with 2 ~50 wattish Sanyo hi-fi speaker cabs (with amazing Hungarian Videoton speakers) from the eighties, powered by a JVC hi-fi PA from the eighties... I hated this setup with my Axe-Fx, but I love it with the Kemper.

Try to imagine what would happen through a good FRFR... :P :P :P :love: :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm saving up for an '80s Gibson LP

Get an Heritage from the 80's instead, no comparison, trust me. I had tons of LP before my H140 (including several CS's), not worth any comment, seriously. To get any better you need a Ruokangas...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Get an Heritage from the 80's instead, no comparison, trust me. I had tons of LP before my H140 (including several CS's), not worth any comment, seriously. To get any better you need a Ruokangas...

I'd love to go for it, but here in Hungary it's quite hard to shop for anything other than Gibson/Fender/Ibanez.

• I'd love to go for it, but here in Hungary it's quite hard to shop for anything other than Gibson/Fender/Ibanez.

Order it from Germany, quote a lot available on ebay at any time, and shipping to Hungary is easy.

• Sigh... wish I just had the money at hand now..
    Thank you guys, I might consider this option... actually a plane ticket to the Netherlands or Germany is nothing...

• I'd love to go for it, but here in Hungary it's quite hard to shop for anything other than Gibson/Fender/Ibanez.

Then do yourself a favour and buy a Custom Shop Historic Les Paul from 2003 - 2011. You should be able to get one used for a good price anywhere in Europe and it beats the shit out of any 80s LP. Frankly: Although the 70s were even worse at Gibson, their 80s LPs are only a small step up from the pancake boat anchors they called a guitar in the 70s.... They still had the body-shape wrong, the pickups were far from PAF spec, the built-quality was generally horrible and the guitars still sounded way too muddy.

In the 70s and 80s the guitars at Gibson were a far cry from real vintage guitars from the 50s or 60s.

Get a 2007 R9 and maybe swap the pickups for Throbaks or some other great PAF repros and you are set. There is only one step up from that and that would be a Replica by Tom Bartlett, Terry Morgan or Gil Yaron. But that would put you on a 3-year waiting list and set you back between 5.000 and 9.000 Euros ;)

Edited 3 times, last by Garrincha ().

• Get an Heritage from the 80's instead, no comparison, trust me. I had tons of LP before my H140 (including several CS's), not worth any comment, seriously. To get any better you need a Ruokangas...

Errr...cough cough...care to have a little contest?
    Wanna put your H140 up against an LS160? :D

And, don't even consider trading punches in the 335 range, you'll lose. :D

lol, why do I bother to have a "Signature". :thumbup:

• Then do yourself a favour and buy a Custom Shop Historic Les Paul from 2003 - 2011. You should be able to get one used for a good price anywhere in Europe and it beats the shit out of any 80s LP. Frankly: Although the 70s were even worse at Gibson, their 80s LPs are only a small step up from the pancake boat anchors they called a guitar in the 70s.... They still had the body-shape wrong, the pickups were far from PAF spec, the built-quality was generally horrible and the guitars still sounded way too muddy.

In the 70s and 80s the guitars at Gibson were a far cry from real vintage guitars from the 50s or 60s.

Get a 2007 R9 and maybe swap the pickups for Throbaks or some other great PAF repros and you are set. There is only one step up from that and that would be a Replica by Tom Bartlett, Terry Morgan or Gil Yaron. But that would put you on a 3-year waiting list and set you back between 5.000 and 9.000 Euros ;)

lol

What country you from?

• lol

What country you from?

Germany.

We had all those 80s LPs when they were new and back then you could stil play a '59 Burst in a store around the corner and compare those. I did that in '87 played a new '87 LP, a '59 Burst (former owner was Rudolf Schenker...) and a PRS. I bought the PRS and that is the one thing in my live I regret the most ;) I could have an original celebrity owned burst at a price that I could actually swing and what did I do? I went with all that PRS bling instead. I was an idiot.

Nevertheless if you were around in the 80s and played those fiddles side by side to a 50s LP it became blatantly obvious what that vintage craze was all about ;)