Profile Rating System - Next Up, Sortable by Rating

• Kemper family...

Now that we have a "rating" system and users are starting to use it......

It would be a HUGE asset to be able to now sort the profiles based on their rankings. Some ideas include possibly searching - High to Low, 5 star only, 4 star only, etc. Just something to make weeding through 1,000+ profiles easier.

I think the rating system is going to be a big success --- but now we need to be able to actually USE the rating system by searching on the respective ratings.

Any other thoughts?

JEL

• Great idea

I think a number of downloads or popularity sort might be more use. An upload could have one user rate it 5 stars, and it would go to the top otherwise.

That doesn't indicate the quality of the profile, as many users (inluding myself) download each one that comes up to check them out anyway.

• That doesn't indicate the quality of the profile, as many users (inluding myself) download each one that comes up to check them out anyway.

I do the same thing. I've found that my tastes are so different from most people here that I don't even use the ratings. What I like doesn't seem of interest to anyone else, and generally vice versa ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I do the same thing. I've found that my tastes are so different from most people here that I don't even use the ratings. What I like doesn't seem of interest to anyone else, and generally vice versa ...

+1000 :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• At least I'm not alone in this. I was beginning to get a complex ... 8|

I guess that just points out how versatile the KPA is :love:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• IMHO you still need to be able to sort on the rating. Otherwise, the power of the "rating" is underutilized.

If your style is to download "everything"....enjoy, knock yourself out!

When the number of profiles hits 10,000 and someone new buys a KPA, I don't think they will be downloading all 10,000.

A rating system will at least help with the best rated ones (you can take the rating as you wish).

My guess is that with a searchable rating system it would get used by all.

The ratings are not gospel, but a great starting point.

• Yes, I would love to sort by rating, downloads, etc. At 1200 profiles it is already difficult, and as many of you have found out not all profiles are created equal :)

• I basically agree with all you've said guys! Each of you has brought some good point on the table.

I guess the wisest move would be to implement a sorting option by any item, and let people use them as they like. If someone realizes rating doesn't coincide with quality (or better with their own likes/needs) they just won't use it as a filter.

What I'd love would be a record of comments linked to each profile, where both the author and the users can explain the way they use the profile, show some tricks, discover hidden pearls (i.e. some improper use of a profile that brought to some great result with some specific instrument)... Food for the mind, creativity room, experience exchanging ... Sure it can be done on the forum, but the plus of having all the relevant information linked to the profile and immediately available w/o the need for searching the forum would be priceless IMO.

• Along with the rating system, maybe sorting profiles by genre(Metal, Rock, Country, Cleans, Jazz, etc) will make easier as well.

It looks like not many people are actually taking the time to rate the profiles though. If you really like some profiles, you should get out there and give it some love! :P Let the community know which profiles are the best ones!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• I do the same thing. I've found that my tastes are so different from most people here that I don't even use the ratings. What I like doesn't seem of interest to anyone else, and generally vice versa ...

Yes im the same on this...please read my thread on 'flat' profile eq'ing for exactly the point you have brought up :thumbup:

• First post. Just placed my order and whilst waiting been trying to work out what to upload, easy - my lonestar special and what to download, hard - as discussed in this thread.

For me there are two aspects:

- the ability to sort, which i'm sure Kemper will enhance along the lines mentioned. Personally I'd like to sort by manufacturer, the fact that nobody's bothered to download and rate it may not matter to me.

- the consistency of naming, eg common naming would help so that Mesa Boogie is used rather than Mesa, Boogie, MB however I doubt a community can ever be that disciplined, that anyone wanting to moderate

So for now i'm ploughing on through the 40 odd pages, making a list of amps and url's of manufacturers, as there are so many i've never heard of and may want to explore.

Anyway back to counting the days until the van arrives

Neil

• Hi Neil, welcome :)

IIRC, the problem is that Kemper have declared they don't own the code for the site/services they're using. So I guess they're stuck with what's already implemented.

I don't think we're likely to see the (critical) features we're discussing here implemented, until we (they) switch to a proprietary platform.

But I consider important to keep the good ideas coming, to be ready when this happens :)