SPDIF to Scarlett/Interface Help Please!

• Basically I am running my guitar IN to my Kemper, which runs OUT (and IN just in case) via SPDIF to my Scarlett 8i6, which then goes USB into my PC. I can hear and record myself playing just fine like this BUT nobody else can hear it (over discord for example) however... running analogue connection from my Kemper to Scarlett DOES allow everyone to hear + record whatever. So of course I want to run Analogue but I can't because it takes 2 cables and my Scarlett interface only has 2 input ports and I'm already using 1 for my mic. That's why I use SPDIF to fit both the mic and guitar. I can't seem to understand why analogue works but SPDIF doesn't for that.. It's all going from the Scarlett into the PC.

So I have 1 input on the Scarlett left which I could plug my guitar directly into, but if I do that then it is not receiving the Kemper's audio and is just regular guitar. But like I said I want my friends to be able to hear my playing. Does anyone know how I can get that audio to come through with SPDIF? If not, then how can I get the Kemper to work with my guitar when the guitar is plugged into the Scarlett input, and not the Kemper input?

• Im about to buy 8i6 3rd because of Spdif and i will also need to use Discord, so im intrested this also

I saw topic somewhere that someone had same problem with Zoom recorder, and he couldnt use spdif with it to record sound from Kemper . Seemed that zoom software recognizes only Focusrite input 1&2 and cannot handle others. This was my own thinking. Is it possible to route spdif from focusrite mix software?

I think you should ask this from Focusrite support?

If this does not work its big - for me :(

Edit

Is it possible to connect Kemper to line inputs behind Focusrite, so it lets front mic inputs available?

• I have a similar issue, I got my 8i6 yesterday and run the Kemper via SPDIF. Its coming out the monitors and I can jam with Spotify fine, however I use Zoom for guitar lessons and it doesn't pick up SPDIF as a mic audio input.

As I use one of the analogue inputs for an xlr mic for speaking this leaves me only one other free xlr port for a Kemper and its the only input Zoom will detect. I can still use a 1/4" to xlr jack and just go mono can't I? I mean its only Zoom so stereo isn't really necessarily esp if the person on the other side is using crappy laptop in-built speakers. If not doing Zoom lessons I don't need the xlr mic anyway so I can do SPDIF straight to monitors. Or use both front interface ports to do stereo?

• So would one less of a ball ache way of quickly solving it would be to use 1 mono 1/4” to xlr jack main out into the front analogue along with my xlr mic just for the Zoom lessons? That way the interface uses both 1+2 to stream both my signals.

• Basically I am running my guitar IN to my Kemper, which runs OUT (and IN just in case) via SPDIF to my Scarlett 8i6, which then goes USB into my PC. I can hear and record myself playing just fine like this BUT nobody else can hear it (over discord for example) however... running analogue connection from my Kemper to Scarlett DOES allow everyone to hear + record whatever. So of course I want to run Analogue but I can't because it takes 2 cables and my Scarlett interface only has 2 input ports and I'm already using 1 for my mic. That's why I use SPDIF to fit both the mic and guitar. I can't seem to understand why analogue works but SPDIF doesn't for that.. It's all going from the Scarlett into the PC.

So I have 1 input on the Scarlett left which I could plug my guitar directly into, but if I do that then it is not receiving the Kemper's audio and is just regular guitar. But like I said I want my friends to be able to hear my playing. Does anyone know how I can get that audio to come through with SPDIF? If not, then how can I get the Kemper to work with my guitar when the guitar is plugged into the Scarlett input, and not the Kemper input?

I have the exact same thing as you have, but no sound works from SPDIF on the Focusrite.

• I have a lot of experience teaching music online (Covid-related). The options that really work and give the most flexibility are VoiceMeter for Windows and Loopback for Mac. You need to control which of your inputs (including software) will be streamed, and which ones will not. These software programs will help you with that. Everything else is just a quick fix that'll never work the way you really want it to.

• I surely believe that RME interfaces work like a breeze. They also cost a lot more than the Scarlett the OP already has. So, money is better spent on Loopback, with which you can define which programs share audio (QuickTime, Spotify) and which do not (all the rest).

• For anyone wondering what I did, I was able to plug the guitar into the kemper, and then plug the kemper into the scarlett using a total of 2 analogue cables. To fix the pathing I had to set the kemper to master audio mono out or something like that so it knows the signal should be mono and now everything works just fine.