Keep effects on/off when switching performance slots, but not locking effects

• I recently noticed that when I was using the remote that, unlike other times, it was retaining the effects on/off status as I switched between slots. In other words, when I set effects ON that were NOT saved as default on for button 3, then switched to button 1, I could come back to button 3 and the non-default effects would come on as I had left them. This seems very handy to me as I play a variety of music and it is useful to setup a button with a specific set of options that may not be default and be able to return to it within a song or piece. I might then setup that same button with a different set of non-default effects for a different piece, and so on. I would expect that if I change banks that each of the buttons would return to it's default settings. Unfortunately this only operated this way once and I don't know why. Does anybody know how to initiate this behavior? Thanks

Kemper Power Head

Mission Engineering KM-212P-GN w/ Kemper Kone Speakers

• I noticed that too and found it very irritating.

This is due to the connected Rig Manager.

If the Rig Manager is not connected, you have the normal behaviour: when loading a performance rig, its saved effect settings are loaded.

When the Rig Manager is connected, each slot remembers the temporary effect settings as long as the performance is not changed.

Edited once, last by schludi ().

• Actually, it doesn't matter if Rig Manager is connected or not. If you remain in the same Performance, you can move from slot to slot within that performance and changes will hold. Only if you switch to a different performance will the slot re-set itself.

I view performances like having 5 rigs loaded all at the same time. Change any of the 5 rigs - and stay within those 5 - the changes hold. Move away, any unsaved changes revert. Again, having Rig Manager connected nor not doesn't alter this behavior.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• the behaviour is determined by the method you use for switching between slots. If you use the Rig left/right buttons on the Profiler any unsaved settings will be preserved as long as you stay within the same performance. When you use MIDI or the Remote the originally stored versions of the rigs in the slots will be loaded. If the Profiler detects a Rig Manager on the other end of the USB cable you can switch with the Remote and still preserve the temporary settings within the same performance just as if you were using the Rig left/right buttons on the hardware.

page 245 main manual

While navigating Slots within a Performance via the PAGE buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.

Performance Mode 245

As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.

• I stand corrected! Didn't realize having RM connected affected how using the Remote changes things slightly.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thanks to all who responded. Very helpful. This morning I began experimenting with long and short presses of both slot buttons (1-5) and/or effects buttons (1-4) with no effect. Then I read Shuldi's and Kemper Support's posts and sure enough Rig Manager being connected produces the behavior I experienced before and would like to retain. It also left me with a question about the two lights above each slot button on the remote. It appears that when you first press a slot button the lower light of the two illuminates. If you press the same button again before pressing any other slot button the upper light illuminates and the lower de-illuminates. What is that about?

NOW FOR A SUGGESTION: I understand that sometimes a person may want a slot to default to it's exact saved condition and sometimes they may want it to retain a "temporary" condition as I originally described, and happens when Rig Manager is connected. How about a setting that would allow a short press on a slot button to recall the last setting of that slot while a long press resets it to the "permanent" saved version? That way a person simply has to use a long press to reset any button to it's saved condition and a short press recalls the last condition, even if it is the saved condition. Moving to a different performance would always recall the saved versions as it does now.

Kemper Power Head

• It appears that when you first press a slot button the lower light of the two illuminates. If you press the same button again before pressing any other slot button the upper light illuminates and the lower de-illuminates. What is that about?

With the 2nd hit you activate the Morph-Functio .

• Thanks for that information. I have not experimented with the morph functions as yet. I think I will leave that for another time.

Kemper Power Head

• Have the same problem, and found this thread, disappointed to see there's no solution. Unless in the last updates, something was done about this, does anyone knows?

Thanks

• What type of solution are you looking for?

A cool feature, which might be quite simple to add, would be a global setting that lets the kpa switches perform the way it does when Rig manager is connected, like you describe above (whether Rig manager is connected or not of course). There's probably some users that would prefer that functionality live.

• A cool feature, which might be quite simple to add, would be a global setting that lets the kpa switches perform the way it does when Rig manager is connected, like you describe above (whether Rig manager is connected or not of course). There's probably some users that would prefer that functionality live.

would you be willing to cope with the significant increase in switching time between slots because the Profiler needs to create a copy of the currently selected slot into the clipboard before loading the next one? Which is what it does when RM is connected.