Ethercon Mod for Toaster

• Has anyone had the Ethercon Mod done to their PowerHead (toaster)? I’m doing this to mine and really need a pic of the circuit board where the Cat5 gets hardwired in so I can finish my project. Already removed the network port, just need to solder in the Cat5 to the circuit board. please send a pic of it. TIA

• I don't understand the purpose of this exercise, sorry! Do you think soldering the Ethernet cable to the board will increase reliability i.e. if somebody stumbles over the cable? And if you establish a strain relief for the Ethernet cable anyhow for example using a cable tie, why then not using the original Ethernet socket? This way you could still exchange the cable in case it breaks.

• I don't understand the purpose of this exercise, sorry! Do you think soldering the Ethernet cable to the board will increase reliability i.e. if somebody stumbles over the cable? And if you establish a strain relief for the Ethernet cable anyhow for example using a cable tie, why then not using the original Ethernet socket? This way you could still exchange the cable in case it breaks.

I believe he wants to put the same connector that's on the foot controller into the Kemper.

• Hopefully they are aware of our manual statements regarding the overall cable resistance. Any resistance you add in terms of additional cable and sockets could comprize the power supply of the Remote. And that might not come to the surface immediately but only under unfavorable conditions.

Beside that the device looses its electrical certifications.

• Why not use an extension-cable that is fixed like many others do? At least one other thread shows Toaster-Options.
    I drilled a hole in my wooden rack and mounted an Neutrik NE8 FDX P6 in it. It works perfect and is as robust as the connector of the remote.

What literally made me nuts is what Burkhardt mentioned. It took me weeks to find a cable (0,3 m) that allowed me a proper connection from the KPA to the remote. Don‘t know what it was. Resistance or something else but some didn‘t even work with a PoE.
    So you whether go for an electric expert or just an extension. Why „ruin“ the quality/security of your KPA?

• Has anyone had the Ethercon Mod done to their PowerHead (toaster)? I’m doing this to mine and really need a pic of the circuit board where the Cat5 gets hardwired in so I can finish my project. Already removed the network port, just need to solder in the Cat5 to the circuit board. please send a pic of it. TIA

Sorry to say, you already removed the network socket ? and you have no clue what you doing right ?
    Brave man ...
    I wish you good luck ...
    Google for RJ45 Socket pinout.
    And by the way the standard RJ45 socket has a transformer inside but tThe Neutrik NE8 is only a pure socket without isolation transformer.
    So you can't solder the kable between the PCB and Neutrik NE 8 without having a transformer.

this is the ethernet socket how it looks like;
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RJ-45…er-Trafo-neu/163664613098

What British Audio did, is to replace the 90 degree socket with a straight socket .
    replace this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Socke…er-THT-1-pcs/163830805158
    with that
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Socke…er-THT-1-pcs/163356525747

Than you can use little cat5 patch- cable to connect to the Neutrik NE8.

Be the force with you ;)

• Let me just note that once a modification has taken place, we will not service the unit anymore. In fact, if it's damaged we will not repair it. Of course, every owner can do what pleases him, but I think it's fair to at least point this out - so everybody is away of the consequences.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Well, to put it right. I did not undertake any electrical work on my KPA. I only use an 0,3 m cable from the RJ45 of the KPA to the Neutrik and from the Neutrik to the Remote via the Original Cable and a shorter cable from Cordial CSE5NN5. If someone is interested I can figure out what the brand and specs of the Short cable (0,3 m) are.

• Well, to put it right. I did not undertake any electrical work on my KPA. I only use an 0,3 m cable from the RJ45 of the KPA to the Neutrik and from the Neutrik to the Remote via the Original Cable and a shorter cable from Cordial CSE5NN5. If someone is interested I can figure out what the brand and specs of the Short cable (0,3 m) are.

I wouldn't even recommend that without plugging a PoE injector in between. With an PoE injector you are free to practically use any Ethernet cable of any length with any sockets between the injector and the Remote.