Slot loading behavior using remote within a performance

• I recently noticed a change in the way slots are loaded using the Kemper Remote and found that it had to do with Rig Manager being detected via USB. I very much like the behavior and hope it can be incorporated in future updates. To summarize this change in loading behavior I would simply say that instead of loading a slot with the saved/default effects off/on settings it would load a slot, within a performance, with the last used effects off/on settings for that slot even if it was not the saved/default. I understand that many times a person may want a slot to default to it's exact saved condition but sometimes they may want it to retain a "temporary" condition as described here, and happens when Rig Manager is connected. My suggestion is this; a setting that would allow a short/normal press on a slot button to load the last setting of that slot, within a performance, while a long/extended press loads the saved/default. This function/behavior could be a remote setup choice for flexibility, possibly even per rig. That way a person simply has to use a long press to reset and load any button to it's saved/default condition and a short press loads the last condition, no matter if the last settings were modified or already the saved/default. Moving to a different performance would load the saved/default as it does now.

Kemper Power Head

Mission Engineering KM-212P-GN w/ Kemper Kone Speakers

• As a way of keeping this feature request alive I thought a clarification might be useful. I personally think mostly in terms of live, or immediate, performance so this request has to do with the way the Kemper Remote loads slots within a performance. Currently I have observed two slot loading behaviors. The first, as described in the manual, loads the *stored* version of the slot in a performance whenever a slot button (1-5) is pressed. The second behavior, currently only available when the Rig Manager software is running and detected by the Kemper unit at it's USB-B port, loads the *last* condition a slot was left in and not necessarily the *stored* version.

To illustrate; slot 1 has a chorus effect on effects button 2 that is off in the *stored* version but I have turned on for a particular song. Slot 2 has a boost effect on effects button 1 that is off in it's *stored* version but I have turned on for the solo part of that same song. In essence I have set two buttons into "custom" and temporary conditions that are NOT the *stored* versions. With the Rig Manager software detected at the USB-B port of the Kemper unit I can now switch between those "custom" setups. If RM is not detected each button recalls the *stored* version of each slot without the chorus or boost effects turned on.

My feature request addresses the switchable use of these two loading behaviors by suggesting that a setting be added (perhaps a System or Rig choice entitled "Sticky Slot" or "Load Last") that, when deployed, would allow the first short/normal press of a slot button (1-5) to load the *last* condition of a performance slot, which could be "custom" or *stored* depending on what condition it was last set to or utilized. A second short/normal press on the same button would activate morph mode as it does now, but a long/extended press at any time would load the *stored* version of that slot, allowing easy reset-to-default at any time. Moving between performances and selecting slot buttons (1-5), long or short press, would always load the *stored* version, as it does now. For those who wish to continue the current slot loading behavior they would simply not deploy the System/Rig switch that allows this modified behavior.

I, of course, have no idea how difficult such a software improvement would be to program and distribute but I strongly believe it could be a meaningful change for those of us that play live and want to extract the maximum versatility from an already versatile, well designed, and great sounding Kemper system. Thanks

Kemper Power Head

Mission Engineering KM-212P-GN w/ Kemper Kone Speakers

Edited 6 times, last by Jeffible ().

• +1, but possibly as a system option

When editing effects activation status in performance mode using Kemper Head buttons, that performance is put in Edit Mode.

For example:

I turn on stomp A in slot 1 (which is disabled by default), then switch to slot 2; when I switch back to slot 1, stomp A is still enabled.

Obviously if I load a different performance all changes are discarded, so when I get back to that slot 1 stomp A is disabled again, and that's fine.

If I do the same thing but using a MIDI controller instead of Kemper buttons, slots are always loaded in their saved status, even if I stay within the same performance.

Reading some old threads I discovered that it used to work like the first case of my example even with MIDI controllers, but it was changed in an update.

I understand that many users like the way it is now, but it wouldn't hurt to have a global option for choosing whether to reset slots status or not within a performance when controlling Kemper via MIDI.

Thank you for your kind attention.