Odd noise using acoustic simulator

• For the acoustic simulator to sound more realistic, I need to have the high cut higher than I normally keep it. I don't have my Kemper on now, but I believe it was over 7.5 - 8.0k or so. With the high cut turned up, there is a significant background noise when the notes are played. Kind of like a sizzling sound, that is very noticeable. If I turn the high cut down to around under 6k, you cannot hear this noise any more. The isn't like 60 cycle hum or the guitar picking up EMI. This only occurs when notes are played. Anyone else notice this?

• I get exactly the same noise, I assumed everyone was getting this unless you back off the highs

I tried everything to troubleshoot it -- different cables, wireless vs. cable, different guitars, single coil vs humbucker, standing in different places, different rooms, headphones vs cab. Nothing seems to make a difference. If my practice tonight doesn't get canceled, I'm curious to see how noticeable it is in a full band context.

• I experience the same issue. It is not noticeable with the band or in a live situation. But I find it curious that when watching the Tone Junkie video on the acoustic sim there is absolutely no noise. I have the rig he is using but added a dual delay and reverb. Then the noise came in. Hoping they can get that under control.

• It's odd how some people get this sound and others don't, I was using a few rigs off of rig exchange and they almost all had this sizzling sound, I wonder why others don't get this

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I started with this,, im very happy,,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I started with this,, im very happy,,

External Content www.youtube.com

Thanks unclemar . That's what I started with. Sounds pretty realistic with the high cut set way higher than I normally use. That's the rig I'm using in the clip I posted, but I tested other rigs and they all have the problem. It only happens when I turn the acoustic simulator on.

• External Content soundcloud.com

also having this same issue.

• Yes, I also have the same issue. I've done so much tweaking to try to get rid of it, but you can only do so much. If you cut those highs it doesn't sound like an acoustic anymore.

• it has a lot to do with the pickup used,,

It's the same no matter what pickups I use. That's not it. Gibson lespaul 50th anniversary custom shop historic reissue (I rewired and split the pickups) it happens on both pickups, single coil or humbucking, of course if I turn down the tone on the neck, in humbucker mode it's not gonna have a hiss and it's gonna sound like shit. A 1954 blackguard telecaster, yes, a real one. Still does it. An unbelievably awesome Danocaster single cut with Arcane pickups, still does it. A strat with lindy frailin pickups, A Gretsch, an '81 Kramer pacer with seymor duncan pickups. Should I go on? I can....Not good enough pickups for you? It ain't the pickups. Geez. All the "experts" sometimes gets to me. I know what I'm doing with guitar tone. K? I just don't post constantly. It sounds great,

But there's a hiss when played. You can use the gate which gets rid of it while you're not playing and I am using both the graphic and studio eq to notch out what I can and it's very effective. But, the frequency around that hiss is also what makes it sound like an acoustic. You can totally get rid of the hiss but then it doesn't sound like an acoustic guitar. Like I said it sounds great. Closest thing I've heard to an acoustic. I mean I'm playing a freekin' les paul and it sounds like an acoustic guitar, amazing. I did have to boost some mids with the eq's because although it sounds great by itself compare it with a real acoustic, it just doesn't cut through with the full band.

• So far I have tried JB on two different guitars, JB split, Jazz, Jazz split, 59, Stock American Tele neck and bridge (not sure the exact model). Haven't tried strat or active pickups yet.

22 guitars with xx pickups, don't know how many more I should try (ok, I didn't try them all)