Odd noise using acoustic simulator

• New to the acoustic sim, I'm finding it unusable without employing a LP filter and noise gate.

Theres some extreme HF content which i appreciate adds that “air” to simulate an pseudo-acoustic tone.

So far requiring;

noise gate—> LPF—> acoustic sim—>EQ—> compressor

Still early days and new to this effect. Not sure whether to use a profile of a studio-strip or no amp at all to tame the tone.

• New to the acoustic sim, I'm finding it unusable without employing a LP filter and noise gate.

Theres some extreme HF content which i appreciate adds that “air” to simulate an pseudo-acoustic tone.

So far requiring;

noise gate—> LPF—> acoustic sim—>EQ—> compressor

Still early days and new to this effect. Not sure whether to use a profile of a studio-strip or no amp at all to tame the tone.

I haven't tried anything in the stack block. If you find something there that helps, please let us know.

• In case you haven't seen this yet - From Main Manual 7.5:

Acoustic Simulator

The Acoustic Simulator can make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar. Don‘t expect perfect results, as
    the mechanics of an acoustic guitar are quite different. Nevertheless, the Acoustic Simulator will simulate the
    characteristic body resonance and crispness of an acoustic guitar so closely that you might feel able to leave your
    acoustic guitar at home, when you only need it for two or three songs that night.

As the Acoustic Simulator is best enjoyed as a stereo effect, we recommend placing it in a module after the stack
    section — preferably in the X module. You must also switch off the Amp and Cabinet sections to avoid further
    coloring or distorting your sound. If you are using a KEMPER Kone switching off both amplifier plus cabinet module
    will automatically switch the Kone into full-range mode even if a speaker imprint has been activated globally. We also
    suggest starting with no other active effects when exploring the Acoustic Simulator, and remember you’ll also need
    to use the Input Noise Gate, as this effect will strongly emphasize pick up noise.

Try the different pickups on your guitar to see which one produces the most appropriate sound. As a rule of thumb,
    humbucker guitars tend to work best with the pickup switch in the middle position, while single-coil guitars usually
    work best in the neck pickup position.

• paults thanks for that.

the trade-off here, at least for me, is that if i want to tame the highs with a graphic whilst having a compressor, chorus and reverb post acoustic-sim i have to have the acoustic sim "pre-stack" which means it will be rendered mono.

A cool little tip:

i found is to add the amp/stack of a neutral profile (ie, profile of a completely clean signal path) This gives you, amongst other things, the EQ and compression tools of the amp-section without colouring the tone and a little boost that is otherwise lost when not using the amp stack.

• Over time i'm sure they will refine it more and it will be better.

Hope so. It definitely has a lot of potential, but I'm not certain it is usable at this point. I completely forgot to test it the last time I had practice, to see if the background noise was as noticeable in a full band context.

• Hope so. It definitely has a lot of potential, but I'm not certain it is usable at this point. I completely forgot to test it the last time I had practice, to see if the background noise was as noticeable in a full band context.

Unfortunately for me it is not usable yet. I only have only one guitar with humbuckers and on all positions the hiss is just too much. As you said, if you use high cut to 7k it removes the hiss, but then it doesn't have acoustic qualities anymore.

• Same issue with the buzzing. Have the ToneJunkie pack. Acoustic simulator sounds absolutely amazing. Just want the buzzing to go away.

• Has anyone figured out what is causing this? I’m hearing the same noise when using the acoustic simulator on my brand new stage. I can somewhat dial it out with eq but should I have to do that?

• I also like the acoustic sim, but I killed my tweeter /HF driver on my Alto FRFR last week while adjusting EQ and compression.

So adjust at lower volume.

• I have the same issue with the noise using the acoustic simulator and have found that lowering the sparkle and bronze settings to the lowest setting removes most if not all of the noise and still sounds pretty good. I do wonder if there is an issue with my stage that is causing the problem. ?