I sold my kemper I'm going back to analog

• Hello guys,

After several years enjoying using my Kemper i sold it and i'm going back to analog.

At the beginning of the adventure the kemper was perfect for my personnal use I played on several types of amps and liked it a lot.

But then the time passed and I realized that I was only using one amp (Marshall 159slp) and it's like all the slots was locked with the padlock.

So it seems normal to me to switch with the "real thing" and giving to the Kemper a second life. His new owner will be happy with it.

It is with regret that I will therefore leave this beautiful community here but I would continue to follow the evolution of the kemper.

The Kemper is an excellent technological tool, long life to him.

• Sad but I understand your motivation... thanks for sharing here :thumbup::)

It is with regret that I will therefore leave this beautiful community here but I would continue to follow the evolution of the kemper.

The Kemper is an excellent technological tool, long life to him.

True words regarding the community and this incredible machine...

All the best and have a lot of fun with your amp - keep rockin' 8)

• This is the beauty of the Kemper, some people (like me) will never be able to try a SLO100 or a JCM800 as, at least in Brazil, those are insanely expensive.

We can try all flavours before settling with the favorite. Hope you enjoy your new rig!

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• tomorrow, i will get maybe a real afd100, i m so excited. I will try to profile it to my taste.

Get the real thing after selling my marshall lm6100

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Enjoy, and pleased to hear that you've found your sound. Good Plexi's are superb amps and cover a lot of tonal ground.

I mainly use the Kemper for 80's rack preamp sounds so a real world version would be too expensive, bulky and fragile for live use. I'm also partial to the "official" profiles of the super rare and expensive Mark Cameron modded Marshall amps too. So mine's a keeper.

• I'm also partial to the "official" profiles of the super rare and expensive Mark Cameron modded Marshall amps too. So mine's a keeper.

you use the Mark Cameron DI?becuse the studio or merged profiles sound too harsh and liveless.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• There's always room for both, real amps and the Profiler, at least in my life.

So eventually you'll be back! ;)

Me too. I just didn’t expect the real amps to stay in the studio and the Kemper to hit the road (at least before recent events).

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• There's always room for both, real amps and the Profiler, at least in my life.

So eventually you'll be back! ;)

My thoughts exactly, they can happily coexist since they are not the same thing. We have many types of guitars for different purposes, so why not amps & modellers?

Regardless, I hope the OP gains a lot of pleasure from his new amp. I'm looking for one too, but my Kemper is going nowhere!

• Amazing amp... though I mostly also play the one amp (AFD100 BybTJ) i still slove the ability to browse through an endless selection of Marshalls... all that with headphones on.

After owning an AFD100 I actually could not tell the difference with the Kemper so I am happy to stay with a maintenance free and apartment friendly alternative haha

Though I do miss having a 100W amp... something magic about them :)

• so far i have so much profiles of the afd100 from different people, topjimi, justin, solazzon etc. For my taste the deadlight profiles works best. But now i have since yesterday the real amp in my home. I am very proud to own this thing which i wanted since it comes out so bad??. I want to compare profile and real amp which is nearly the original.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• so far i have so much profiles of the afd100 from different people, topjimi, justin, solazzon etc. For my taste the deadlight profiles works best. But now i have since yesterday the real amp in my home. I am very proud to own this thing which i wanted since it comes out so bad??. I want to compare profile and real amp which is nearly the original.

congrats on your purchase! It is an amazing amp!

• IMO...nothing replaces real amps - but my band is too teeny tiny small to be able to pay freight - so Kemper as hand-luggage for the win!

Just tools...and different jobs need different ones!

Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.