Delays and infinite delay / freeze

• Hi,

This kind of crosses this forum and the Remote one.

I use the legacy delay, cos I always have and it suits what I do. Does it support the Freeze / Infinite Delay options?

I became aware of these trying to control more stomps and saw that you can re-assign the Tap footswitch to many things.....like Stomp A on/off for example...and also saw the infinite delay and freeze.

Two issues for me.....one the on/off works, but the Tap LED doesn't turn on/off (always off) so I can't see the status of Stomp A. The LED does work in Tap mode.

Second, neither the infinite delay or freeze settings do anything. Does that mean I have to choose a different delay type?

**EDIT** I have found that infinite and freeze are available on other delays. However the LED issue on the Tap button is still there.

Also are there settings to make it more useful like the EHX Freeze pedal - it could partly be the LED issue...but having to hit the pedal to freeze, again to stop, and again to start is awkward......having it latching would be easier I think.....

I didn't see anything about this in either manual....

Thanks,

Andy

• Freeze and Infinity are new functions introduced with new delay and reverb types. If you have been using Legacy Delay, you could just change the effect type to TwoTap Delay maintaining the parameter settings. Freeze and Infinity will appear in the upper row. You cans imulate witht he soft buttons within the menu and assign to the Effect Buttons of your Remote/Stage.

Yes, so far if you reassign the TUNER, TAP or LOOPER button, the LED doesn't follow. But you can see in the signal chain in the display, if the module A activates or deactivates.

The Effect Buttons I-IIII of Remote/Stage switch automatically between momentary and latching operation. Short hit: latching. Hold for a couple of seconds: momentary.

• Freeze and Infinity are new functions introduced with new delay and reverb types. If you have been using Legacy Delay, you could just change the effect type to TwoTap Delay maintaining the parameter settings. Freeze and Infinity will appear in the upper row. You cans imulate witht he soft buttons within the menu and assign to the Effect Buttons of your Remote/Stage.

Yes, so far if you reassign the TUNER, TAP or LOOPER button, the LED doesn't follow. But you can see in the signal chain in the display, if the module A activates or deactivates.

The Effect Buttons I-IIII of Remote/Stage switch automatically between momentary and latching operation. Short hit: latching. Hold for a couple of seconds: momentary.

Great stuff.....I'll have to try assigning freeze to one of effect buttons I-IIII.

Incidentally, I've just had an auto-update to RM.....it was useless to me before that....deleting performances and crashing all the time....but so far, this update is excellent!