Recording/Modeling Interface for iPad Pro

• I have a line6 toneport UX2 for my macbook but cant use that with my iPad Pro. What is a great and cost friendly modeling interface for the iPad pro? I want to be able to use garageband on my iPad since this iPad is probably better than my macbook lol

• Do you need a "modelling interface"? This is a Kemper forum after all... If you have a Kemper, you just need a USB audio interface to get the audio from Kemper to iPad. If your iPad Pro is USB-C you'll likely need a converter for USB-C to USB-A to get the interface connected. So long as you get a "Class compliant" (I think it is, means should work with Apple devices) interface then it'll just work with iPad - I think some line6 devices can be problematic with iPad, not sure why!

I've had great service from a Zoom U-44, there is a 2-port version U-24, try to find it on a deal. Can be powered by USB, battery or mains and has digital ins/outs as well. If you get frustrated with GarageBand on iPad, there are other DAWS you can research, e.g. Auria Pro, Cubasis, Audio Evolution, various "Multitrack" apps...

If you're still set on a modelling interface, sorry I have no idea - I've never come across the UX2 before today!

• Do you need a "modelling interface"? This is a Kemper forum after all... If you have a Kemper, you just need a USB audio interface to get the audio from Kemper to iPad. If your iPad Pro is USB-C you'll likely need a converter for USB-C to USB-A to get the interface connected. So long as you get a "Class compliant" (I think it is, means should work with Apple devices) interface then it'll just work with iPad - I think some line6 devices can be problematic with iPad, not sure why!

I've had great service from a Zoom U-44, there is a 2-port version U-24, try to find it on a deal. Can be powered by USB, battery or mains and has digital ins/outs as well. If you get frustrated with GarageBand on iPad, there are other DAWS you can research, e.g. Auria Pro, Cubasis, Audio Evolution, various "Multitrack" apps...

If you're still set on a modelling interface, sorry I have no idea - I've never come across the UX2 before today!

Thanks for the response. Yeah Im just looking for something i can plug into my iPad and go chill outside and play/record. just something i can plug in for garageband to work and produce guitar sound

• Good solution if you like to add vocals, etc.

https://apogeedigital.com/products/one/ipad

Keys, mic, guitar, (you can get a mic attachment on an arm as well) https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeysio/

just guitar - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd2/

The apogee is cool little too much for me

So iRig is basically for if I just want to plug my guitar into the iPad and play via garageband (or AmpliTube since it comes with that)?

• Yes that's right. I had the earlier iRig HD (simple guitar in, USB out, gain control) and it functioned well, though the gain button was recessed too much & tricky to use. The V2 model looks a lot more useful for connections and iOS devices without headphone jacks. Looks like it's the same as the original in that it is powered by the iPad/iPhone so no power cable needed and it should come with the USB cables you need (but check, I don't see a USB-C cable so you may need a USB or MicroUSB to USB-C cable)

Nice that it also comes with a full version of AmpliTube, a fairly good sounding amp sim on iOS - I only have the free version with a couple of amps. There are other sims out there for iOS - Tonestack, BIAS amp, Bias FX, AmpKit being some. And as you point out, GarageBand has some amps of its own...