S/PDIF Pops and clicks

• Howdy all,

Weird issue. Recording S/PDIF stereo tracks into an Apollo X6. Pops and clicks galore.

The obvious checklist:

Project sample rate is 48k, Kemper is at 48K

Apollo is getting clock from S/PDIF/Kemper
    Probably not related to buffer size. CPU is under any load/I've tried them all.

Any ideas?

• Is the problem new or did it work flawlessly before? If it worked before then what changed in the set up in the meantime?

I trust you have a correct and high quality cable in use. Appropriate for digital connection.

Fingers crossed that you'll get it sorted. I absolutely like to use SPDIF as it is so convenient and assures high quality in the signal chain :thumbup:8)

• Did youplay with SPDIF volume?

What drivers are you using?

Don't think its related to signal amplitude, happens when the signal is very far from it. OS is 7.4.1

Is the problem new or did it work flawlessly before? If it worked before then what changed in the set up in the meantime?

I trust you have a correct and high quality cable in use. Appropriate for digital connection.

Fingers crossed that you'll get it sorted. I absolutely like to use SPDIF as it is so convenient and assures high quality in the signal chain :thumbup:8)

I reamp with s/pdif exclusively and it works most of the time. This is however the first time I've recorded through s/pdif directly.

Have you tried at 44khz?

No, current session is at 48, I'll try that. But the kemper is supposed to support up to 96!

• DAngerbear

I kid you not, because of you I listened closely today, and I can also hear pops clicks (sounds similar to the noise while listening to a vinyl record).

I'll also try to find out where this comes from.

Wow! Yeah I wouldn't have noticed except i'm taking a DI from the signal as well so it is very noticeable..

• I had clicks and it sounded like a flanger.

I've updated the sample rate of my Scarlett 6i6 to 96KHz and it works.

• Hey OP, get any joy on this? I am having the same exact problem. I recorded with this same setup in July and had no problems, but since then I have updated firmware on both my Kemper and my Apollo, and now it's there.

• Hey OP, get any joy on this? I am having the same exact problem. I recorded with this same setup in July and had no problems, but since then I have updated firmware on both my Kemper and my Apollo, and now it's there.

No.. Kinda strange. Sometimes its there sometimes its not. I leave S/R convert OFF at all times because.. Well the kemper is clocking, no need to convert. I really only notice it on the DI's if ever. But it's inconsistent. If I had to guess, I'd say its the kemper.

• See my post today about crackles. Mine are more extreme , and are through the main outs. But now, come to think of it it may be since I last updated the firmware that it's happening.