7.5.4 Release

• Just made the jump from 7.3.2 to the latest/current 7.5.4

yes- acoustic sim available.

interesting find:

Notice the kaos file is twice the size 15.7MB as opposed to 6.5MB, maybe to accommodate all units?

Are there two OS combined in this one file and the KPA chooses the one for the hardware?

Boot time appears a bit longer than before, now 45-50 seconds to making some noise and another 15 for the remote to connect.

As with the last update i done (USB stick) the first boot after the upgrade (not the one done as part of the upgrade) the loading progress bar stalls around 10%. Second boot up and the progress bar works fine and additionally i see "connecting cache" or similar.

tec question:

As the stage has less buttons and full functionality is built into the reduced button interface, do these operations cross-grade to the racks version? (ie, there is no EQ button on the stage so whatever combination of buttons attain the EQ section, will it apply to the rack?)

Possible answer- if the hardware installs one of two OS contained within the Kaos.bin this may be the answer i seek.

thoughts and ideas anyone?

• I am still on OS 4 or 5 (the one that introduced pure cab.

What is the upgrade path?

I haven’t got Rig Manager, i’ve always installed via usb stick. Still possible?

Any things a should be specially aware of?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I am still on OS 4 or 5 (the one that introduced pure cab.

What is the upgrade path?

I haven’t got Rig Manager, i’ve always installed via usb stick. Still possible?

Any things a should be specially aware of?

You have to follow these instructions from the changelog.. Make sure you get OS version 7.3.2 from the older software downloads on the site. Upgrade via the USB and then install the Rig Manager from downloads. The RM should update the profiler to the latest version automatically over USB from your computer.... IF you don't want to use Rig Manager, just download the latest release from the downloads site and update via USB after you upgrade OS 7.3.2 via USB..

Code
    To upgrade classical PROFILER models via USB memory stick from OS versions before OS 7.3, OS 7.3.2 needs to be installed first! 
    Older versions than OS 7.3 on classical models don't recognize this new integrated OS revision.
    For this purpose OS 7.3.2 can be found on the Download Page at Older Software Versions. 
  • I downloaded and installed the 7.5.4 release.

Where is the acoustic simulator?

Effects -> EQ -> Acoustic Simulator

From the Kemper Manual.

Equalizer (Yellow)
    This group of effects offers you a nice selection of high-quality equalizers. They can be placed either before or after
    the stack section, as each configuration has a different impact on the sound.
    The “Mix” parameter is common to all the equalizers and controls the impact of all the EQ bands combined. Graphic
    Equalizer, Studio Equalizer, and Metal Equalizer offer “Low Cut” and “High Cut” in addition to their other controls.

Acoustic Simulator
    The Acoustic Simulator can make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar. Don‘t expect perfect results, as
    the mechanics of an acoustic guitar are quite different. Nevertheless, the Acoustic Simulator will simulate the
    characteristic body resonance and crispness of an acoustic guitar so closely that you might feel able to leave your
    acoustic guitar at home, when you only need it for two or three songs that night.
    As the Acoustic Simulator is best enjoyed as a stereo effect, we recommend placing it in a module after the stack
    section — preferably in the X module. You must also switch off the amplifier and cabinet modules to avoid further
    coloring or distorting your sound. If you are using a KEMPER Kone switching off both amplifier plus cabinet module
    will automatically switch the Kone into full-range mode even if a speaker imprint has been activated globally. We also
    suggest starting with no other active effects when exploring the Acoustic Simulator, and remember you’ll also need
    to use the Input Noise Gate, as this effect will strongly emphasize pick up noise.
    Try the different pickups on your guitar to see which one produces the most appropriate sound. As a rule of thumb,
    humbucker guitars tend to work best with the pickup switch in the middle position, while single-coil guitars usually
    work best in the neck pickup position.
     Pickup
    Use this to adjust the sound to the pickup. Turn more to the left for single coils, more to the right for humbuckers.
    Since all electric guitars sound different, there is no general rule for setting this correctly. Trust your ears!
    Equalizer (Yellow) 166
     Body
    Controls the virtual body-resonance of the acoustic guitar simulation and by that, the amount of bass frequencies.
    When it comes to adjusting low frequency content of any guitar sound, remember to consider your fellow musicians.
    The less bass you produce, the more you will cut through the mix.
     Bronze
    Enhances the metallic sound of the acoustic strings. Higher values will emphasize the presence of the guitar, while
    lower values will soften the sound more towards that of nylon strings.
     Sparkle
    Defines the airy high frequencies of the string strikes. A suitable combination of Bronze and Sparkle will form the
    main character of your acoustic simulation.
    ✓As a natural fact, one value setting for the Acoustic Simulator might only be perfect for one guitar and one pickup
    selection. There is no general recipe.
    ✓If you need to make further tweaks to the sound character, place an additional Graphic/Studio Equalizer in one of the
    pre-stack modules.
    ✓The Acoustic Simulator is designed to make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic. It is not suitable for acoustic
    guitars or any other instruments with piezo pickup, since piezo pickups deliver a sparkling “acoustic sound” already.
    Instead, you should use either the Graphic or Studio Equalizer to tweak the sound character.

• I am getting my best results using my PRS SE Custom 24 center position (both humbuckers) with the tone pot pulled out for single coil tap.

It is impressive.

Same here with my Ibanez Artist and both splitted Humbuckers!

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112