Headphone Kemper vs USB audiointerface

• Hi Guys,

Man what a difference I get when playing thru my kemper's headphone out compared to that one from my steinberg UR22 interface. Kemper's is top notch and lots of rig really just breath pure sonic bliss. The one from the steinberg, while connecting with xlr out is just plain normal.

Would a unit with spdif solve this ? any suggestions ?

thanks

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• The PROFILER uses the Space effect at the headphone output, which was specifically designed to add errr... 'space' :D to the signal, making it much more pleasing to listen to over hadphones.

It's more quality between the ad/da converters used i guess, it's not just the room feeling, it's the clarity !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• The SPDIF would bypass your audio interface AD/DA converters so you would get the cleanest signal possible. Give it a try and compare...

What's the most budget friendly spdif unit out there ? used as well ?

Thx

Raf

• ah,

the mojo of the digital age. :D

I honestly doubt it.

The headphone preamp used, possibly, the AD/DA conversion - unlikely.

So you doubt a spdif connection would help ?

thx

Raf

• I asked same thing on here. Honestly two main things that I took away....

1. You'll not get as good a sound through a USB or SPDIF vs headphones. The headphone sound is amazing & (I think) down to the output for that.

2. You can get a good output by making sure your SPDIF is set right (look up my thread) and unchecking a box on the Output menu that says something like "Space Headphones Only". Space is a great setting & that allows it to go out via SPDIF.

I was originally 'meh' but it is a complex machine & just needs some perseverance.