Creating performances with rig manager?

• I’m new to the profiler world & I love the endless possibilities & the quality sound.

With that said, I’m also a tech & gear moron & I’m horrible with understanding complicated setups. I installed rig manager & with some help I got everything up & running. I’m learning bit by bit & now I’m stuck on creating performances. I have the floor controller also & want to be able to just use that as quick access to all my favorite tones & presets. Just flip it on & play without having to push a bunch of buttons or turn on my computer to go from rig to rig.

So....I’ve read the instructions & watched the Kemper tutorials & it all seems simple enough until I try it. What’s happening is when I go to my performances, the tutorial says find an empty memory location in the performance section, choose file, then create performance. Then it is all pretty cut & dried after that.

When I go to my performance section none say empty, just new performance on everything , then if I select one, choose file, the create new performance link is there but not highlighted dark & wont let me click on it & im stuck there. It sure seems like for $2600 in pro level gear there would be better instructions or more clear & detailed tutorial videos available??‍♂️

HELP!!!!

• I would recommend to start creating performances on the device (Profiler) itself because doing this with rig manager could be sometimes a bit tricky :(

- to create performance directly on the device see Kemper Profiler Main Manual 7.0 page 237 and further:

"Setting up Performances

You can navigate through the 125 Performances using the up and down buttons of the RIG navigation cross on the front panel of PROFILER Head, PowerHead, Rack and PowerRack. Use the left and right buttons or the <PAGE> buttons to select a Slot within a Performance.

On the PROFILER Stage, use the TYPE knob or the Up/Down Buttons to navigate through the Performances and the <PAGE> buttons or the Rig Buttons to select one of the five Slots.

By default, all Slots are pre-loaded with a default Rig, which happens to be based on the ancient Rig “CK 0”. The Performance itself has a default name. Once you have selected the Slot, choose the Rig you want to assign to it via BROWSE. The Rig will be copied and displayed in the highlighted Slot. At this point, we should mention that any edits will be lost if you select another Performance without storing it first........."

- to cretae performance with the Rig Manager see Rig Manager Beta Manual page 25 and further:

"Handling Performances

Right click / C -click inside a column in list view opens a popup menu with the option to create a new Performance. This Performance will be empty at first and only the first slot will be enabled. As you can see, also Performances can be edited using an inspector on the right side of the window.

There are several ways to populate the empty slots with Rigs of your choice. We found, the preferred way to do so is to open a second windows with your Rigs in focus and drag those onto the empty Performance slots. To open a second window, right click on a location of your choice and select “Open in new window”.

Once you will have filled up your new Performance, it is time to tweak it to your liking. Double clicking the slot’s name to edit it, drag the slot around to shuffle the order.

Managing Performances

A Performance in PROFILER has a fixed location, in difference to the Rigs or Performances located on your hard drive, which are stored in a pool. As a result, managing Performances can require you to act slightly different depending on if you work in your Local Library or within the memory of your PROFILER.

Performances in the location PROFILER

This list consists of 125 entries and empty spaces are labelled as such. It reflects the memory content of your PROFILER.

Windows version: Dragging a Performance to another one swaps both. Holding C while dragging will result in a copy (in other words the Performance you drag onto will be replaced).

Mac version: You can be drag and drop in between rows. This way, you move and insert a Performance elsewhere. Holding K (option) creates a copy instead of moving an item."

Hope this helps!

• Hi there,

I am absolutely with Seabass. I fought with the RM and got in addition sense free and wrong hints from some user here. I recommend to see the RM as a free software that comes as a gift to a great piece of gear which for me the KPA is. I found my way to work with, even create performances by try and error that sometimes work, sometimes not. I know that does not solve your problem, but maybe your moods!

Cheers

• You cannot create a new performance in "All Performances" because that is not a real location but only displaying your performances.. If you go to a subfolder you can create a new one. If you go onto a Performance # in the Profiler you can "initialise" every of the 125 Performances, which will delete and reset them.. I recommend opening a performance in the profiler location and editing it there. I usually only store them in my local library if I want to archive them somehow

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

Edited once, last by kriwat ().

• Thanks! I’ll give it a shot. It’s a pretty amazing piece of gear & the rig manager definitely makes everything else so far a lot more convenient & makes a lot more sense to me than all the button pushing & a 6 square inch screen?