All output volume just disappeared...

• Like the title says, I was running thru various rigs -playing a few short phrases and turning to the next one - when the output just vanished. all other functions seem to work....tuner, etc., but not volume.

I tried turning it off and back on, but nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

• Ok, Update: The output volume just came back...by itself. I didn't do anything except come upstairs to the computer, search some of the postings in this section of the forum, and went back downstairs to turn off the lights....and it was working again???

Any thoughts? ?(

• I would suggest you also try the same things you did, when it happened, to see if you can replicate the issue.
    This way you' ll also be able to provide the Support more information.

• Dlaut, did you have a DSP Error tab under the 2nd button (between TYPE and BROWSE knob) ?

No, and I'm on 1.08

I was just scrolling through the snapshots - trying them one at a time to choose which ones I want to assign midi program change numbers to.

It was very weird. :wacko:

• I was just scrolling through the snapshots

You cannot assign Midi PC# to the snapshots....BTW...could it be that you had a snapshot of a rig that you've already deleted? No idea if it could be a problem but is something that I always wanted to check and regularly forgotten to do....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I've never deleted anything, so that's not the issue. If you cannot assign CCs to snapshots, how do you go about doing it?

You cannot assign Midi PC# to the snapshots....BTW...could it be that you had a snapshot of a rig that you've already deleted? No idea if it could be a problem but is something that I always wanted to check and regularly forgotten to do....

• You assign the midi PC to the rig at the settings of the snapshot

Thanks! As it turns out, I wasn't assigning them to the snapshots, I was using rigs....the interface is a little clunky, so I wasn't sure where I was - but I'm starting to get it. :thumbup:

The thing sounds fantastic. I can't wait for it to evolve a bit further...kinda like buying Line 6 on the hope of better things to come (although, it - the Kemper - sounds way better out of the gate).

I didn't have and volume loss issues last night, so that's still a mystery......

Edited once, last by Dlaut ().

• Re: the mysterious volume loss issue. I had a similar experience last week. Especially vexing because I was monitoring through SPDIF into a PCI card and I had just messed around with that card's mixer settings a little bit. Plugged in a guitar and... no audio, even though everything had been running fine just hours before. I spent the next hour or so testing all sorts of things, rebooting the PC, rewiring from SPDIF to main outs, and on and on, just generally wasting the night away. Just about to head off to bed in a huff when I realized:

I'd turned on the effects loop, which I had set to 100% wet and locked the night before in order to A/B the Kemper vs. another modeler. Oops.