Remove Stack section completely from Rig w/ Acoustic Simulator

• Deactivating the stack (Amp/Cab) is the same thing as it being empty.

If you want it to indicate “Empty”, you can profile a guitar cable, and update the Amp and cab tags of your new Profile to “Empty”.

Thanks for your answer, but it is not. As far as I understand, with the KPA, the only way of initially creating a rig is through profiling. Then, you can copy / change it. Therefore, a new rig always has to have a „Stack“ section. For the Acoustic Simulator, there is no „Stack“ section needed but I do not see a way to „empty“ it.

Therefore, acoustic rigs are always kind of „dirty“. I‘d like to have an opportunity to delete the stack section in a rig completely as you can do it with all of the stomp slots.

ckemper Did I oversee something or is this the expected behavior? If yes, is there something on the roadmap to pull this straight? :)

• I did pop this in another post but seems fitting to share again here, given the topic in debate;

A cool little tip:

is to add the amp/stack of a neutral profile (ie, profile of a completely clean signal path) This gives you, amongst other things, the EQ and compression tools of the amp-section without colouring the tone and a little boost that is otherwise lost when not using the amp stack.

• I grabbed a Fishman Performer profile from Rig Exchange. Put the acoustic sim in the D stomp. Turned off the amplifier and left the EQ and Cab.

Plug a Tele in, neck pickup and......voila. Clean as clean is ever going to get. Perhaps the most unforgiving sound I've found yet. You can't make *any* mistakes or (like any decent acoustic) *everyone* is going to hear it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• What’s the use of empty vs deactivated?

Sound-wise none, you‘re right. But if one builds up an acoustic rig, it‘s not needed.

Imagine every rig would have a deactivated transposed stomp in. It‘s just an aesthetical drawback in the clean architecture the KPA has.

The problem originated from me wanting to upload an acoustic profile to rig exchange. I „branched“ from a profile that I was not sure if it was free or commercial. So I tried to „empty“ the stack section, which seems not to be possible. I could have copied an arbitrary rig there (e.g. „Crunch“) but I thought there may be a smarter way.

I ask the other way around: which advantages does the „not empty“ stack section have?

• The problem originated from me wanting to upload an acoustic profile to rig exchange. I „branched“ from a profile that I was not sure if it was free or commercial. So I tried to „empty“ the stack section, which seems not to be possible. I could have copied an arbitrary rig there (e.g. „Crunch“) but I thought there may be a smarter way.

That’s a good point.

• I suspect crunch isn't so much a rig, but the default state of the stack until it has been altered by a profile. It would be interesting to profile a guitar lead to see if it behaves like the crunch rig

• In response to this discussion, I have added a Rig to the Rig Exchange, named "EMPTY + ACOUSTIC SIM"

I profiled a guitar cable, and then turned off the amp and cabinet sections. They are labelled EMPTY.

The EQ is active.

The Acoustic Sim is active in the X slot, with the Default settings.

There is a small amount of Natural Reverb active in the Reverb slot.

Anyone who creates an Acoustic Simulator Rig from this Rig is more than welcome to share it :)

• I think that's a cool workaround -

Since this thread has been moved to the feature requests by DonPetersen I assume that

(a) there is no smarter way indeed :P and

(b) the request has been heard over in the Ruhrgebiet.

So let's see how this evolves and be happy with the overall sound / audio quality of the Acoustic Simulator. :)

May they fix the cosmetics in a later release. 8o8)

Have a good day guys!