Connecting up Kemper Stage to Audio Interface (S/PDIF) connection

• Hi there,

I just purchased my Kemper Stage this month and I am glad I did.

I bought the Komplete Audio 6 MK2 Interface to connect my Kemper for practicing with using headphones in the evening, so as not to wake the house up.

I tried setting up both devices with an (S/PDIF) connection but I am getting no sound through my headphones. I tried using the ordinary Jack-to-jack and that works fine.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I am new to the Kemper world.

Thank you kindly,

John Blessing :)

• Output section have a lot of settings for S/PDIF, you should search there.
    And when you are in Global Section - turn Browse Knob, you'll see some output route presets. You can choose S/PDIF global section presets in browse menu.

• Might seem obvious, but make sure you've connected the Spdif out of the Kemper to the Spdif in of the interface.
    Do you see anywhere that the spdif connexion is actually going through the interface ?

If not - make sure the SPDIF Output (In the Output menu on your Kemper) is sending the correct signal.
    Make sure you are using 75 ohm Spdif cable.

I don't know your interface, but make sure that the sample rate is the same on kemper and interface

Some interface needs to have the clock set to spdif in order to work.

I also see that the SPDIF is the stereo input 5/6 on your interface. Make sure that is routed to your headphones correctly.
    More info on your setup would be better to understand where the problem is coming up!

Hopefully this helps!

• I wish I knew why people keep buying this shitty interface. *sigh*

While this interface has S/PDIF I/O, this exact S/PDIF signal won't be available in direct monitoring!

Direct Monitoring is only available for either analog inputs 1/2 or analog inputs 3/4. Not even all 4 at the same time. Somebody tell Native Instruments that we're in 2020 already.

Cheers

Martin

• Damn that sucks!!
    I now use antelope interface, but in the past I used Motu with great results. They are underrated compared to focusrite and other cheap interfaces imo!