unable to update to latest

• first time this has ever happened. my kemper rack is currently on BETA 7.5.3.18561B

I am trying to update via USB to 7.5.4.19312 and it fails. it jumps to 23% then 39% then FAILS. with "Update has Failed! update cannot be used. please contact support"

• yes, for sure the right version. I have literally done.. 30 or more upgrades over the years with my Kemper, every time a new OS is available it has alwasy upgraded with zero issues. .. not sure why this one is failing.

• I found this...

"Please insert the USB stick with the KAOS.bin file placed in the root directory of the stick and NOT inside a folder and switch the profiler on while holding down both PAGE buttons until you see the words "Booting and Burning from USB device" in the display. If this does not help please open a support ticket."

• i did exactly that.. screen said

nanoboot: burnFromUSB()

then it said

ERROR: fatal error parsing firmware file (errcode=-97)

i re-downloaded the update file

grabbed a new usb stick. formatted it with the kemper.

put it into my pc.

copied the update file to it

safely ejected it from PC

plugged it into the kemper

go to install and....

IT WORKED!

im now on 7.5.4.19312 but now i have a new problem. not recognized by rig manager?????????

rig manager version 3.0.136.16374

• I guess, the kaos.bin had been corrupted durign the downlaod the first time.

If your PROFILER is now running 7.5.4.19312, it has been updated successfully. An OS cannot be installed half way.

Restart both PROFILER and Rig Manager. If that doesn't help open a support ticket.

• i completely uninstalled and then reinstalled rig manager and everything is now back to normal. that is the first time i have ever had an issue with an OS update and I have done at least 30 by now. got it all working now!

Curiously - do we know if there are any plans to add a para EQ with the ability to "NOTCH FILTER" certain frequencies with a super high Q value? i find I'm having to do quite a bit in POST and it would be awesome to do it on the kemp itself.