Power button on Stage - Is it possible to turn it off or at least adjust the level of brightness?

• In my room, it lights up the whole place in the dark! I can see where it would be valuable in a gig, but can it be individually adjusted like the other LEDs, only just for the power for when the unit is off? (When off, the power button lights up) I'd rather not have a nightlight. I know I can just unplug the whole Stage unit, but that's a hassle to do every time. I'd love the ability to dim it like the others have, even turning it completely off at all times if I wanted. Maybe you can, and I can't find it? Thanks!

• Oh them modern world problems ...... ;)

A "hassle to unplug" .... Well , maybe this

product can solve the "problem" for you :

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/k…-grounded-white-70086401/

Or simply put some dukt tape over the LED :thumbup:

I myself always unplug all my gear when not in use, in case of thunderstorms that might result in electric spikes

on the grid. Or component failure within the unit that might cause fire ....

Cheep "insurance" for your gear and home compared to the hassle of buying new gear

or rebuilding your house .... But thats me :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I have the same issue, Kemper in bedroom, and would like the feature to deactivate the light of the on/off switch.

And, Hoki Toki, people are different – hard to believe, I know ... Better think twice, if your "other opinion" is really worth being posted and helps to solve a problem. Thanks.

• I have the same issue, Kemper in bedroom, and would like the feature to deactivate the light of the on/off switch.

And, Hoki Toki, people are different – hard to believe, I know ... Better think twice, if your "other opinion" is really worth being posted and helps to solve a problem. Thanks.

Not sure what the issue is here, he just gave you two real world solutions to a very basic problem, and then offered some good advice....

• Just wondering. Do you own a Stage model? Sounds like you don’t. The LED that you describe putting tape over is actually an illuminated button that turns the unit on and off.

Cool. Yeah, the settings already allow you to adjust the brightness of every other button and LED on the Stage when it's on, it should be a simple programming thing in future updates to allow adjusting the power button light when the unit is off. I was just wanting to know if I was missing something, and if not, drum up some support for it being included in a future update. Thanks for the support on it! :)

• Don't you guys use a surge-protector with a switch on it? I use those for all electronics. One switch can shut off a ton of devices. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi

I use surge protector an switch of my rig with ine button.

However I learnt from Kemper support that it is ok but you should now and the turn it off with the botton on the Stage.

Mike

• While it might be considered reviving an old thread, the question of the Original Poster is what i searched for a while back, and thus remembering this thread.

While cleaning the buttons of my kemper stage (updated to 8.7.10), i discovered that, while the kemper is powered off, the Power Led can be toggled bright <-> lesser bright by pushing the "system" button.

Cheers !

• Heh didn't know that. Will try for sure. I put an old guitar knob over it when I need to. Thanks.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I remember adjusting the brightness of the LEDs on the rackmount. But nothing compares to the brightness of this MXR EQ!

I bought some black water-color paint for the LEDs and took it down a billion lumens.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.