Old school Metallica

• I’m trying to nail down a preset for sanitarium modulated intro. I can get somewhat close but just not quite there I love that sound. Is there anything close available that anyone knows about?

• Isn't that some kind of 12 string instrument?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• I know they used Roland JC amps for cleans back in the day, maybe try getting a profile on that amp and add some chorus on it. I know TAF (The Amp Factory) has that model and it's got a fair price tag as well. Never played one but sounds really convincing to me :)

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• "I like the intro for 'Sanitarium.'

"If you listen carefully, you put headphones on, we actually do the guitars in the beginning in mono - it's actually recorded like that.

"And then when the drums come in I just flick the switch and it goes into stereo."

Pretty sure it was the JC-120 on this. Also, I believe one side was straight clean and the other side had a tremolo effect. If you can snag the Guitar Hero (or maybe it was Rock Band?) multitracks, you can get a better feel for what's going on in the double-tracked clean intro.

HTH!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hi

Try picking the string right in front of the bridge to get that hard piano like tone. this is the trick i read about years ago. i have a profile from somewhere that sounds pretty much like the M.O.P clean tone, try just chorus, delay and reverb. I've modded it slightly by adding a flanger for The Thing as well.