Purchasing a USED Kemper Stage risky?

• Hi guys from California.

I’m a happy unpowered toaster camper here, but I want to swap my toaster for a
    Stage to simplify my setup. I’m considering buying used to save a couple hundred bucks.

- I think I recall hearing that the Stages had issues with the push buttons. Is this true? If so, do the newer production runs still have such issues? When was it resolved?

- Are there other issues with older production runs on the Stage that makes buying used more risky?

- Is there anybody who bought a used Kemper that they had issues and had to deal with Kemper customer service? How was it? Does Kemper serve second-owners when they have issues?

• Never owned a stage but wouldn't buy one without warrenty. I want one. But not without warrenty.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I disagree slightly with musicmad ;)

I had a Stage with a defective switch in the beginning which was replaced for a new one.

I'd say if the unit has worked until now and if it works right now it will continue to work and you can buy with confidence (this is similar to certain amps btw which develop an issue early on - or not).

But ask the seller for any switching issues pre-sale.

• Assuming you trust the seller that is. Which you might :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Had an issue with a used powered rack unit in Aus, I managed to get the original sales invoice luckily, eventually got a new unit under warranty.

Annoyingly the previous owner admitted he sold it because it had issues but he had thought a firmware reset had fixed it (the issue didn't rear it's head with me until I'd owned it for a few months).

The local importer was helpful, it just took them a while to replicate the fault.

• Thanks. I had planned on looking for one with an original receipt and not too old, but that may be hard to find at a price that makes it worth it.

In the end, I think buying new will be safer and better for me since I'll have the peace of mind.. Thanks guys.

• Bought a used one from Pitbull Audio on Reverb for $1500, and it's been great. Also might as well have been brand new. This thing is built like a tank, so I can't imagine it having issues. I would imagine that most of the used ones on the market now are from people who bought it, didn't really understand it or jive with it, and then sold it shortly after. Of course, YMMV, but I personally had concern buying a used one from a reputable dealer with a return policy.