crackling in clean profiles SOLVED!

• Hey Guys,

I have been playing a lot of high gain lately and just wanted to try some clean stuff, this is when I noticed this weird crackling almost breakup like sound going on in my kemper. anyone any ideas? mp3 file in attachment. this happens with every clean profile with different guitars on all kemper outputs. main ut XLR , balanced and SPDIF.

Could this be a setting. Noise gate is off. clean sense 0 and dist sense also 0. tried lowering the dist sense, no effect.

This is audible through headphones on my audio unit also on kemper headphone output.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=kemper+crackling.mp3

Edited once, last by Shimmer ().

• Some things you could try -

Temporarily disable Stomps and Effects. If the clipping stops, you might have some volume pushed up or an EQ increasing volume.

I don't think Dist sense would apply for clean. Try lowering Clean sense all the way to -12. If it helps you can then find a correct value.

Maybe try a compressor to smooth out spikes. Clean sounds have much more dynamics.

• Hey cmboowns, I tried lowering the clean sense. Same result also a compressor didn't help.

I added a new sample.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atg8…%20crackling%203.wav?dl=0

Thanks for any help!

• So all stomp and effects are left empty, at least for testing? (A-D, X, Mod, Delay and Reverb) Or you could just deactivate all stomps and effects if any are loaded.

Noise Gate at 0?

On the Amplifier setting (page 3/4) the volume is at 0.0db?

Are you seeing any yellow or read on the input or output LEDs? With Clean sense at -12 you should be seeing anything but green no matter how hard you pick a note.

Pickups at a normal height on the guitar - not overly close to the strings? Are you using active or some really hot pickups that may still be overdriving input even with Cleanse sense as low as it goes?

And the Gain for whatever profiles you are trying is set at 0?

You're sure whatever profiles you're trying were made as dead clean profiles (gain at 0 and no pedals in the profile)? You're saying this happens with any profile you try?

If that's all checked then probably next is contact support. Maybe resetting things in some way might help.

• hey,

All stomps empty

Noisegate : 0

Amp volume: 0

Clean sense @ -12db perfect green light.

Happens with all clean profiles.

Already contacted support. Did full flash and factory reset. Still the same.

Pickups might be high on my goto axe but its still there with diffrent guitars. So....

its generated by the mid frequenties. When i cut between 1K znd 5K with eq in front of amp it becomes less aparant. But this dulls my guitar sounds so no solution here.

im going to try record a DI signal with a seperate DI box into DAW then send it to kemper via spdif for reamp. If still there i guess my kemper is toast. Pfff...

if not.....

• Sorry Shimmer, that's about all I've got.

Last ditch although unlikely - no way you might be overloading something in your interface? Kemper output can be hot. But not likely the issue if you hear his through Kemper headphones as well as from your interface. Any way to try a different location? Doesn't sound like interference, but who knows?

Good luck. Hope the Kemper folks can get it worked out for you quickly.

• Hey Cm,

nothing but thanks for trying!!

You know what if find strange? Youvspeak of kemper output being hot? My kemper output when main out is @ 0db gives about -7db reading on fader on my RME interface. I need to push the gain on the RME for good signal to noise ratio. ?

i contacted support. Keep you updated!

• Maybe a clock issue between Kemper and your soundcard?

I had that sometimes when I forgot to change the clock settings on my soundcard to slave to the Kemper correctly when I had it connected via SPDIF.

• Hey guys,

i guess i found the problem. I have been playing a lot of heavy stuff so i raised my pickups on all my guitars to get more output and a more saturated sound. This pickup height introduced unwanted distortion for clean. Lowering the pickups and lowering distortion sense solved ly issue.