(REMIX) Hybrid SURF Metal Guitar \m/ - Factory Kemper tones

• Hey Guys, I have been busy in Kemper Land and getting more used to tweaking various profiles and loving the SPDIF reamping, that helps me find the right tone to sneak behind another one to define the sounds.

Well I am not a mixing expert by any stretch of the imagination but very grateful I can take a project this far in a few good hours... That is awesome lol.

Lots of different amp rigs on this one; Egnator's, Friedman's, Orange, Fender's... All thrown into the drink... SURFS UP! :)

If you like Gary Hoey, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai etc... this should be right up your alley.

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The master of stacking guitar tracks strikes again :thumbup:8) Nice one Dan, wild mixture but interesting ear catchers all along. I like that part starting around 1:30 when guitars pile up. Thanks for sharing!

• The master of stacking guitar tracks strikes again :thumbup:8) Nice one Dan, wild mixture but interesting ear catchers all along. I like that part starting around 1:30 when guitars pile up. Thanks for sharing!

hi deadman , thank you. Some mixes seem to put up a fight more than others lol. Our work is never done? The hard part is when to pull the brakes and try and be satisfied without that horrible urge to try a few more things lol. I experimented more on the mastering side with only what pro tools plUgins are given. DIY.

• very grateful I can take a project this far in a few good hours... That is awesome lol.

Yeah , that's the beauty of the KPA, get an idea, whatever killer tone it is ... 5 minutes later , it's recorded in your DAW with a perfect professional tone . Same with the basses , keys , voxes etc for me.

Excellent track as always, I felt like listening to a lost Zappa track from the 70's :)

• Can there ever be too many? hhaa (well professionally speaking, probably. But yeah... lol)

From the point of view of us guitar players? Never ever... as long as you have fun laying down the tracks :thumbup:8)

From the point of view of a music producer / engineer etc.? Easily... less is more as most typically say 8o

• From the point of view of us guitar players? Never ever... as long as you have fun laying down the tracks :thumbup:8)

From the point of view of a music producer / engineer etc.? Easily... less is more as most typically say 8o

If you could have only seen the look of frozen horror when I dumped over 500 guitar tracks on an engineering friend of mine 10 years ago, I tried to explain but once the session was cracked open he almost fainted. hahhaa I did this 15 minute guitar orchestral opus of Handel's Messiah which was a mixing nightmare. Some producers say 1 gtr track is 1 too many. lol

**ahh it is still on youtube, thought I pulled it down.. The Sousa marches all average about 50 gtrs per song and the Messiah can get anywhere up to 90-120 guitars at once. for some reason back then I was trying to actually emulate an entire full piece orchestra using only guitars. Madness!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ...well, seems like I heavily understated here!

More crazy stuff Dan, thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

hahaha deadman42, sorry I just had to let you know what a Mad Scientist I am.. hhaha j/k
    but we we're on the subject of layering tracks and how many is enough... ?
    This proves one can go down the path quite far if need be.

• If you could have only seen the look of frozen horror when I dumped over 500 guitar tracks on an engineering friend of mine 10 years ago, I tried to explain but once the session was cracked open he almost fainted. hahhaa I did this 15 minute guitar orchestral opus of Handel's Messiah which was a mixing nightmare. Some producers say 1 gtr track is 1 too many. lol

**ahh it is still on youtube, thought I pulled it down.. The Sousa marches all average about 50 gtrs per song and the Messiah can get anywhere up to 90-120 guitars at once. for some reason back then I was trying to actually emulate an entire full piece orchestra using only guitars. Madness!

External Content youtu.be

there should be a Guinness Record award for that. That would be cool.