How to best connect Kemper Amp to external sound card (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4)

• Hello!

I am wondering how I best can connect my Kemper Amp to an external soundcard? I know that the ”Main outputs” is best/gives best sound, but would be best if connect directly to soundcard and via that the studio monitors will be connected through the soundcard.

Will it work with a split cable, that is a two-piece cable in then of the Kemper to a single-piece end into the soundcard and still get the right signal (left and right main output working)?

Thanks!

• each output on the back of the Profiler delivers a mono signal. No need to use split cables. The main outputs are preconfigured by the factory to send the Master Stereo signal.

Simply connect the main outs to two inputs of your sound card using standard TS cables and connect your monitors to the outputs of your sound card. In the routing of your DAW or the app that comes with the sound card you should be able to route the signals coming from the Profiler to your Monitors.

• XLR will not improve the sound quality unless you are planning to use really long cables like on a big live stage. In a studio situation the difference will mostly be unnoticeable. Furthermore many budget interfaces will handle incoming XLR signals like microphone signals which results in an impedance mismatch unless the software that comes with the interface allows you to switch to line level sensitivity even when the XLR inputs are being used. I do not have any personal experience with the interface you are using so you need to check the manual that comes with it.

• Do what Kemper Support #1 suggest. Use TS cables to the Scarlett's jack/xlr combo inputs. You could use XLR's and it would work, but doing so you would be activating the mic preamps, resulting in a very poor control of your input volume (too much loud at minimun).

• When you want to use Balanced signal, which is good for long cables , you have to use XLR on Kemper side and TRS plug on Focusrite. This way you get balanced line level signal to Focusrite without activating mic preamps

When using TS - TS you get unbalanced signal, its different question do you notice any difference