i tried to find a profile that sounds like carcass (sos) or like Necrony (Pathological Performances) any help?

• Hello,

i am searching for profiles that sound like Carcass Album "Symphonies of Sickness" or Necrony "Pathological performances"

The Sound ist like its boosted at Range around 600-700 Hz - i dont know if its the amp or later in mixing -

The most HM-2 Profiles (Sinmix, Choptones etc) are really nice but doesnt match what i am searching for.

Maybe anyone have an idea where i can get this tone profile or how i can get it with tricks (EQ etc) ?

Thanks in advance

• It's never that easy. You have to know what amp(s) was used, and more importantly what cab(s) were used and what mic(s)were used and how they were placed. What guitar(s) was used and what pickup(s)were used. And above that, the guitars sound like they do becuase of the rest of the instruments in the mix. And after that they were EQ:ed to fit in the mix and lastly the songs were mastered. And their sound is becuase the way they play. It won't matter what gear they use, they will sound like them self anyway and even if you used their stuff it will not sound close enough to their sound. I guess all this was the answer when metal producer Andy Sneap said in a interview a longer time ago when so many metal guitarists searched for the Clayman sound from In Flames and said you can't have that sound.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• okay thanks...

I already thought that it wouldn't be easy. at least there is the possibility that there is a profile that is close to this tone. But thanks for your explanation.