Kemper - S/PDIF coaxial to S/PDIF optical - what are you using to convert?

• I use the coaxial connection since that is what I have on my KPA. I connect the KPA to a Motu Audio Express.
    It works fine (most of the time) with Firewire connected to a Macbook pro.

There are cheap S/PDIF coaxial to S/PDIF optical converters but I don´t know if they work properly.

I found this thread because I have similar considerations. I am moving to PC and I fear that Motu Audio Express won´t work.
    It has a USB connection as well (not only firewire), but it often crashes.

I think this looks promising:

https://www.thomann.de/intl/presonus_studio_68c.htm

Edited once, last by Fcerha ().

• KPA/Babyface here. If you google Linkfor bi directional toslink/coax convertor you'll find the unit I use. Plug and go, no issues so far but it is quite new. I somehow lost my old convertor (can't recall what it was) so had to buy a new one. After a few hours of research the linkfor seemed to be liked by all kinds of users including a Kemper user. Way back I bought some of those plastic silver/gold units which are all over eBay. One of 'em failed pretty early on so I wouldn't recommend those.

• Hi, ajs.

Thank you.

Is this what you have?

https://www.amazon.ca/LiNKFOR-…al-Splitter/dp/B07QTP7FX5

Can you hear any difference between the digital connection compared to analog?

You need two of these units for reamping, right?

I picked up the RME Babyface Pro FS a couple of days ago.

Cheers!

• Yeah, that's the one. I hear no difference between analog and digital outputs. I presume two would be needed for reamping but I don't do that so don't know. There's a checkbox in the BF software (cant remember where, I presume prefs) to sync the unit. The sync light on the BF will be constant green when properly sync'd.

• Hi ajs,

Thanks for the tip about syncing the Babyface.

Since the Babyface has four analog inputs plus digital i/o, I may not need to use the digital connection. However, it's great to know that the converter you mentioned works for you.