Kabinet sound breaking up. (Solved)

• Problem with my Kabinet. Got it a couple of weeks ago and was working flawlessly. Suddenly the sound started breaking up with fluctuations in volume. Contacted Kemper support and went through all the obvious, check/changed leads, took screenshots of Output settings pages to make sure all the right boxes were selected. Eventually I was advised to take back off and check connections which still didn't resolve the problem. Support advised me to return it.

A replacement arrived this morning and couldn't believe that the same thing happened again, sound breaking up!! Went to rehearsal rooms and plugged Kemper into 4x12 Marshal cab sounded great, no problems! Brought all the speaker lead back home with me, connected it back up to Kabinet, no change, sound farting and breaking up. Seems highly unlikely that the Kabinet is faulty, just wondered if I'm missing the obvious. I'll contact support again on Monday but just wondered if anyone could suggest anything?

• Maybe the power amp is having a problem with the 4 ohm load of the Kabinet?
    How many ohms is the Marshall? (Likely higher)

Are you able to try with a separate power amp? (Assuming you have a powered head/rack)

Keep us posted....

• Maybe the power amp is having a problem with the 4 ohm load of the Kabinet?
    How many ohms is the Marshall? (Likely higher)

Are you able to try with a separate power amp? (Assuming you have a powered head/rack)

Keep us posted....

The Marshall is 8ohm and yes it's a powered head. Cheers

• My “guess” would be tha the power amp is starting to fail, and is struggling with the lower resistance of the 4 ohm cabinet.... if possible, try another amp into your Kabinet - that would be the test.

Good luck!