Kabinet suddenly sounds bad

• Have been playing my Kemper Kabinet for about a week now and was more than satisfied. Today however, while playing through some profiles, the sound suddenly lost all warmth, changed into a thin and cold sound - pretty harsh and fizzy. Can't figure out what happened. Didn't change any settings.

No pleasure in playing with this sound.

Will a reset do any good?

Does anybody know what just happened here?

:(

• Had a problem with sound breaking up with my Kabinet. Kemper support couldn't help so sent a replacement. Same thing happened again! I restored the Profiler to a backup from before I got the Kabinet and it appears to have sorted the problem. Hopefully, permanently!

• In that case I would have to miss the acoustic sim, it's not on my last backup.

Maybe I'll try it anyway, just to see if that solves the problem. If it does I know there's something wrong in the software. A fresh installation would do the job in that case, I guess. I hope...

Does anybody else have any other options?

• Hello. Did you solve the problem? How? I feel like I am in the same situation - Kemper Kabinet sounds harsh and cold.

• I had the same at band practice. I had just put the latest beta on it. I also got distorted signals that were supposed to be clean. It appears some settings were not where I remembered them to be, notably presence in monitor output eq in the output section was way up.I don't recall ever touching that setting, but then, that doesn't give 100% guaranty.

So check your eq settings. At home I played with cables and different guitars, but that wasn't it. I power both kabinet and stage from a split IEC cable, so they are on the same group. Eventually I turned most eq's to neutral and then it was good.

• This morning when powering up stage: soft and distorted sound again even at a totally clean profile. Switching profiles does not make it better. No sound at all on headphones, even when turning all the way up. Powered stage down and up --> problem gone.

It's not the Kabinet in my case. I plugged cable from PowerKab to the lunchbox and sound was OK. My 2013 lunchbox didn't have an issue (yet) even though it has the 8.6.0 beta.

I reverted to 8.5.8 for the stage, so far works fine. If it reoccurs it is my Stage, if it doesn't then it's the 8.6.0 beta software acting up intermittently at startup. I also found that during the malfunctioning, the input was way sensitive to EMI from my phone to the point of hearing tons of interference. (phone in my right front pocket, so right behind the input jack of a stratocaster). Now that sensitivity is nearly gone (tried a few cables, all have Neutrik jacks). So I wonder whether it's related to software driving the input impedance feature on the stage.

• If I remember correct it was an issue in the output settings. And my own mistake. Somehow I must have messed with the the knobs in the output filter thinking I was doing something else. Anyway, turning the high cut to 8500 Hz did the job en took away the harshness. Again, I can't remember messing around with the output filter but its the only explanation. By the way, my low cut filter is on zero, so no low cuts.

Good luck, hope this will help.