Profiles stored in Rig Manager

• I noticed there is no folder containing the profiles anywhere in my computer, or I haven't found it, so I guess they're stored in some kind of database, which makes sense. I also noticed that if I launch the RM with no connection, all the profiles in Rig Exchange and the Rig Packs are still there.

So does the RM download them all and put them in a db at first start and then just updates them when needed?

I ask this because it would be nice to know that even without connection everything would still be there and, most of all, RM would backup everything I can see.

Does someone by chance know where this db is located (if it exists)?

• I noticed there is no folder containing the profiles anywhere in my computer, or I haven't found it, so I guess they're stored in some kind of database, which makes sense. I also noticed that if I launch the RM with no connection, all the profiles in Rig Exchange and the Rig Packs are still there.

So does the RM download them all and put them in a db at first start and then just updates them when needed?

I ask this because it would be nice to know that even without connection everything would still be there and, most of all, RM would backup everything I can see.

Does someone by chance know where this db is located (if it exists)?

Just on the Rig Exchange thing, - yes your local RM downloads the rigs from RE and updates that list each time it connects to the Kemper website so you have a local copy. Rigs can be removed from Rig Exchange by users so the website giveth and it can also takeaway so it can be worth keeping a copy of profiles you like elsewhere in the database or exporting them as files.

• Thank you that was valuable information, I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to cloud-only storage so I'll definetly do that.

what makes you think something is "cloud only" - you can drag any content in Rig Manager to the desktop and you'll get a file you can store anywhere which represents the content. you can also put those files on an USB stick and import them into your Profiler. Which is good in situation when you don't have Rig Manager at hand.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I knew that, I think you misunderstood there. I just thought the profiles in RE and the packs were only shown in RM and downloaded on demand (ie. when loaded), which is the way many other systems work (although I guess the rig files are so tiny there's no need for that). Sure you can copy them locally and/or export them, but the way it is they are in a db stored locally no matter what. That's what I meant with cloud-only. I also have my reasons, I could be without a connection soon and knowing that the whole library will still be there is of some value to me ATM.

• If it was a cloud service it would need a lot more bandwidth - it would probably need to be on AWS or some other commercial cloud service with global coverage. They don't even allow you to refresh RE without restarting it . The idea seems to be to keep the demand on RE within managemable limits and this probably made a lot of sense 8 years ago or when RE was first being set up.

The other thing is that gigging musicians want local access to their materials and may not always have access to a fast internet connection so having as much of it as possible on hand locally makes a lot of sense.

• I could be without a connection soon and knowing that the whole library will still be there is of some value to me ATM.

Easy solution, mate:

Create a folder in your Local Library and name it "Rig Exchange Backup 2020-09-15" or whatever. Select all Rigs in the RE folder and drag them to this new one. Done.

• I know this is an older thread but i was looking for info on where mac os RM stores a duplicate of the online rig exchange locally. Its getting very large now and my old macbook is running out of storage.

Here is how to move the Rigmanager Library to a other destination on MAC
    in my case I'm using Dropbox, maybe this is helpful for you.

open the terminal

## create new destination folder

mkdir -p ~/Dropbox/_Kemper/RigManagerData

## goto Kemper library

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps

## rename Rigmanager Folder

# mv Rigmanager Rigmanager_$(date +%d-%m-%Y)

## or move rigmanager Folder it

mv -f Rigmanager ~/Dropbox/_Kemper/RigManagerData

## Create link to new Destination

ln -s ~/Dropbox/_Kemper/RigManagerData Rigmanager

## doublecheck the link

ls -lisa

read -p "Done"

exit

Be the force with you ;)

• Just select all Rigs in the RE window and drag to a folder in the Finder, mate.

It's currently 285mb, but if you right-click the folder and select "Compress", the resulting .zip file will be only 60mb. Store it anywhere you like.

I done as you suggested- dragged all the file off to the trash. They still appear as a count on the RE cloud icon (As i'd expect)

How do i know that they have been removed from my mac? (what is the actual name of the path/directory where cloud rigs are held locally?

cheers

• I suggested you drag them to a folder to zip up and archive 'cause the footprint is only 60mb that way. Wrongly assumed you wanted to store them / back them up using as little space as possible.

As I also said 'though, the total uncompressed size of the Rig Exchange is currently 285mb, so hopefully that helps in terms of perspective when chasing down the culprits that're chewing up your limited disk space.

Your MacBook should have at least 3-500GB available in total, so if 300-odd mb is an issue you'd think that there must be much-bigger files and folders that would make better candidates for archiving / deletion.

• I guess the AutoBackup takes too much disk space.
    Please double check this on your MAC

1. Open Terminal (cmd space type "terminal")

2. Copy this commands line by line into your terminal window and hit enter

Bash
    cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps/RigManager
    du -d1 -h

This will give you an overview like this

2,9M ./Prf

1,2G ./Autobackup

420K ./Preset Packs

5,6M ./Prst

27M ./Rig Packs

94M ./Backups

742M ./Local Library

1,6M ./SQL-Scripts

2,2G .

Bash
    ls -lisa RigEx*

Will give you an overview of all rig exchange files.

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar ().