"City Slicker" - AMERICANA MEDLEY (Dr. Z Profile Pack Vol. 1. demo)

• My Kemper STAGE is still pretty new to me so I treated it to Dr. Z's Profile Pack Vol. 1.
    Not sure if many of you cats made the purchase but I am loving the Z Amps, so clean and punchy but can get dirty and gritty as it needs.
    I'd love to hear from some of you who have the Dr. Z on your Kemper.

Me? I'm just a "City Slicker" but I sure like to play good ol' fashioned music I reckon.
    Check out this "AMERICANA MEDLEY" that I recorded.
    AMAZING GRACE - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD and some HeeHaw Yeehaw Chicken Picking for Y'all :P
    Hope ya like it's fun uplifting spirit. :saint:

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very nice and super creative Dan, as always. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

Actually I have a few Dr. Z profiles with me from Mr. Britt for some clean / bluesy sounds (from the BoC and Modern pack and the freebies). Those are pretty cool. No idea how those compare to the official Dr Z profiles which are some of the very few amp vendors doing their own profiles (I think Victory does it as well, don't know more).

• Very nice and super creative Dan, as always. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

Actually I have a few Dr. Z profiles with me from Mr. Britt for some clean / bluesy sounds (from the BoC and Modern pack and the freebies). Those are pretty cool. No idea how those compare to the official Dr Z profiles which are some of the very few amp vendors doing their own profiles (I think Victory does it as well, don't know more).

thx brother... Yeah I find it interesting that more amp manufacturing companies don't have officially produced profiles, my only guess is they think it's a joke because it's not the real thing or how it could hurt sales of their amps? Who knows, but having heard about Dr Z creatIng their own I figured it would be worth it try. Having never played a real Z amp I can't A/B the situation but it sounds great in my little recording setup so this boy is happy enough.

• Yeah I find it interesting that more amp manufacturing companies don't have officially produced profile

I guess most see it rather as competition than as an opportunity to promote their amps. Surely understable to a certain extent. Still I am waiting for some clever guys who rather just build amp prototypes and sell the profiles on their own... kinda new business model. Actually I saw a few examples so far...

• I guess most see it rather as competition than as an opportunity to promote their amps. Surely understable to a certain extent. Still I am waiting for some clever guys who rather just build amp prototypes and sell the profiles on their own... kinda new business model. Actually I saw a few examples so far...

who am I to say? Lol but if Marshall or Fender themselves woke up and created 1st gen sounds from their amp vault I'd be first in line to purchase although what has been profileD already is several lifetimes of tone as it stands. I like to experiment as much as the next guy but in reality all I need is a dozen or 2 of colors from clean to dirty (bright to dark) sounds. Like a box of crayons lol

• very good stuff , hearing all these classics played in your own way was a great experience :)

Appreciate it my brother, I try and keep it fun otherwise what is the point? Lol finding piano sheet music is the trick, has all parts broken up and ready to go. ?

• The Amp manufactures should appreciate that Kemper has exposed many of us to their products because of what it does.

Never heard of several of them until I bought the Kemper. Many of us have bought those amps.8)

I agree with that. Sad truth, I'd have to be a Bazillionaire to buy every amp I ever met though lol. At least in the digital realm we can now have a reasonable facsimile at the turn of a dial., Less clutter. ??

• I haven't bought or played through an amp for the last 4 years because of Kemper.

On the other hand Guitars were starting to get much easier to justify.8)

lol I hear ya on that one. Elvin Bishop once said "I don't need more guitars, I need more licks." I can relate to that lol

Its an addiction.