Pre-loaded Profiler from British Audio - MBRITT or TONEJUNKIE

• Good morning.

I'm finally ordering my Kemper head tomorrow from British Audio.

They have a choice of it pre-loaded with "all/full" MBritt or ToneJunkie profile packs for the same price as other dealers have with only factory Kemper profiles. Which is most versatile considering the following:

My interests are Classic Rock, Blues and Blues Rock 70's-90 but I do like and aspire to an occasional Robert Cray'ish clean / Fender tone. I fell down the Kemper rabbit hole six weeks ago and have looked a lot at both MBritt and TJ packs and videos and I know both are respected. The amps I've owned in the past were a 70s 50w Marshall and 50w Mesa Boogie combo. I've been trying Fender HRD4 for four months and love the cleans but dislike the dirty sounds when pushed unless I have KOT or BB Preamp up front.

My main guitar is a 1974 Gibson Gold Top Deluxe with Mini Humbuckers. The Kemper will play into Genelec 8020 Studio Monitors

Thanks! ~Robert

BTW, I did search the Forum and did not find this answer

• Dangerous ground... as you say both are well respected and great profilers so you will find fans of both here in the forum. Actually I like them both a lot. And you will only know which one suits you better after trying it out for some time. But okay, you want an opinion:

My interests are Classic Rock, Blues and Blues Rock 70's-90

That's the key point I'd say. From that end MBritt has more for you as there are a lot of great Marshalls (69, 72, 800s) in some his packs as well as rock type amps like the 5153s, Soldano etc. - I get my good rock tones often from those. Not metal though although his Driftwood pack really gives a killer tone. And regarding the clean tones I'd say you'll find tons of good Fender's, Fuchs' and other great ones in his packs. It will take you quite a while to go through and you will find lots of inspiring stuff for sure :thumbup:8)

• Dangerous ground... as you say both are well respected and great profilers so you will find fans of both here in the forum......

Okay fair enough and thanks for the heads up. Kemper rookie mistake and I should know better! Nearly two months of YouTube Kemper videos trying to break my glowing tubes addiction! ;)

I’ll start with the Britt load and get the gear ordered and come back overwhelmed and confused with real Noob questions in a week or so. Thanks! ~Robert

• Kemper rookie mistake

No mistake at all man, was just meant to say that there is not a simple truth we can give to you here. Just opinions. But I'm sure you understood it right :thumbup::)

Looking forward to your thoughts once it arrives and you go through some stuff. Enjoy! 8)

• I have both MBritt and Tone Junkie profiles and lots of both. I prefer the MBritt profiles for what I am doing. ToneJunkie has a larger verity of amp, rare amp and they are all very well done. MBritt just hits the sweet spot for me, His SLO100 and Dumble packs are amazing and my two preferred right now. I would go for the MBritt loaded and then you can try ToneJunkie out by getting on their mainling list asnd they send out a free profile or two every Friday. That way you will know what you would like before buying and if you like them all they often do sales on their everything pack.

• MBritt for what you do IMO. His 57 Deluxe is my goto these days. However, the rmpacheco Morgan AC20 on the Rig Exchange is my other goto ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• For what you are describing above, and have to choose one, the Britt profiles would probably work best. I have not purchased any myself but there are about 50 MBritt profiles available in Rig Manager's Factory presets.

Also, once you start searching around in Rig Exchange, you will find many great free profiles. I have had my power head for a week now and thought I would have to buy "great ones", but have come across so many that I liked in manager for free. 800, 900, Plexi, Mesa, all great for rock/hard rock. I also found some great higher gain ENGL, Mesa, Orange profiles.

• Very subjective, but I'd go Tone Junkies.

Both great profilers but some of the recent TJ are really excellent. I really like MBritt profiles too but find myself using the former more often.

Wow what a good dilemma to have, enjoy!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Very hard choice between two exceptionally talented profilers. I have both. I love both and I'm not a politician, I swear. Enjoy your new toy. Look at it this way, whichever you choose, you can always get the other later because let's be honest, they are highly recommended.