Kemper Transpose vs. Digitech Drop

• I couldn't hear much difference....the biggest issue was changing down the riff it sounded odd, not because of the effect but because your ears have to adjust to the new tuning

• I have both and just use the Kemper now, as they sound the same live. I only keep The Drop because my backup is a Helix HX Stomp that only does monophonic pitch shift.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I couldn't hear much difference....the biggest issue was changing down the riff it sounded odd, not because of the effect but because your ears have to adjust to the new tuning

I agree! I think the Kemper Transpose is awesome...true that maybe I could have changed the riffs around a bit...

• I have both and just use the Kemper now, as they sound the same live. I only keep The Drop because my backup is a Helix HX Stomp that only does monophonic pitch shift.

I was also using the drop with the HX stomp...I should compare the drop tuning in the mix between the Stomp pitch effects and the Kemper transpose...I wonder how that would sound in the mix...

• HX Stomp pitch is alright until you play anything more than a solo or simple chord. I think polyphonic pitch is coming, but I’ll keep The Drop for now.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• HX Stomp pitch is alright until you play anything more than a solo or simple chord. I think polyphonic pitch is coming, but I’ll keep The Drop for now.

The other guitarist on my band has a helix and uses a drop because at the moment he's not happy with the transpose. He thinks its a current weakness so it would make sense that Line 6 addresses it at some point.