Kemper Mini?

• I guess my only thought is that for any live setting, you also need a foot controller, and that and the control unit together would still be fairly large unless you seriously changed the functionality of the controller

Maybe my english is so bad, well, for sure it's so bad, so I'm sorry.

I was trying to say that I'm "happy" with the size of the remote.

I just want a toaster or rack in a smaller size to combine with the remote.

Something like taking apart the brain of the stage and connections from the footswitch.

Two units from a bigger one to be more "packable"

• Thinking about such a target group (people who only use few sounds and effects, pedalboard integration...), the Strymon Iridium already does pretty much everything for way less money.

Soundwise it's in the same league and imo takes overdrive pedals even better than Kemper.

If you really want a specific sound of a Kemper rig, you can make an IR of Kemper cab section and load that to the Iridium - many would be surprised how close that sounds.

Never tried the Strymon but this sounds intriguing. I gotta say though I think no general case can be made about how the Kemper takes pedals. It’s the profiles that take the pedals and some do a much better job than others. Took me a while to find the best profiles for my fuzzes and so on, but they do exist.

• This may have been stated, but if they made a Kemper Stage mini that was basically the size of the remote (or even smaller) with a few key knobs and footswitches. I would be one happy camper. I love the idea of the stage but overall if I was going to use an all in one versus my rack and remote, I don't need all the extra buttons. That being said, I realize I may be in the minority on several of these instances and Kemper can't cater to all our very specific minute best use situations

• This may have been stated, but if they made a Kemper Stage mini that was basically the size of the remote (or even smaller) with a few key knobs and footswitches. I would be one happy camper. I love the idea of the stage but overall if I was going to use an all in one versus my rack and remote, I don't need all the extra buttons. That being said, I realize I may be in the minority on several of these instances and Kemper can't cater to all our very specific minute best use situations

That was my thought as well .... although other than the size, if they could get the price down into the $700-1K range, I think they would find they sell them like crazy (likely a good portion of the gigging musicians that already has a KPA would get one as a backup).

With the chip shortage though, it doesn't make sense to aim for a higher volume, but lower profit margin product right now. If you can only produce a limited number of products, you want them to be the higher profit ones ;).

When the chip shortage is over though, I think the KPA Mini would be a great way to round out the Kemper product lineup. Now that they have the tablet enabled version of the rig manager, all they need in the Mini is a wifi radio.

I think you guys are going to get your wish .... but I am guessing not until at least 2022.

• likely a good portion of the gigging musicians that already has a KPA would get one as a backup

I think I'd be in that camp. Would be cool to keep the full-size KPA in the studio, profile and create tones there, and then load them into a player-style mini device for live use.

• I agree with all of this. I would definitely get one as a back up. I carry my HX stomp rehearsal board with me to all gigs as a spare, but I would much rather have a mini kemper.