Kemper Mini?

• Just thinking out loud but wouldn't it be pretty cool to have a Kemper Mini system? Something more compact and travel friendly maybe with not as many features. I'd be in line to buy one for sure. Thoughts?

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• From looking inside the rack there is a lot of spare room. I guess the size was dictated by the front panel and screen.

Something with all the current connections, but 1u or HX Stomp sized would be brilliant. Now there is an editor, that would be possible.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• IMHO, "Everything" points in neon lights towards a new and more modern, multiple form factor generation of the Kemper. I am so tired wishing for the obvious in my eyes. Everything else, all my many mere wishes for all those major and minor "improvements" of this generation are simply tiring. They are only dragging my patience and making me squint and crave towards the quad cortex and praying every night that it will sound like my Kempers. Until then: I am very satisfied with this generation as it is,it is perfect as it is, like an old Mercedes-Benz us perfect. Maybe I will keep one Kemper and enjoy its good sound forever. But... you know...

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited once, last by Alienator ().

• IMHO, "Everything" points in neon lights towards a new and more modern, multiple form factor generation of the Kemper. I am so tired wishing for the obvious in my eyes. Everything else, all my many mere wishes for all those major and minor "improvements" of this generation are simply tiring. They are only dragging my patience and making me squint and crave towards the quad cortex and praying every night that it will sound like my Kempers. Until then: I am very satisfied with this generation as it is,it is perfect as it is, like an old Mercedes-Benz us perfect. Maybe I will keep one Kemper and enjoy its good sound forever. But... you know...

The human curse. The grass must be greener on the other side even though they know it's not . The kemper team have given us alot thru the years and you're still dissatified? Make better music and be a better guitar player instead.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• The human curse. The grass must be greener on the other side even though they know it's not . The kemper team have given us alot thru the years and you're still dissatified? Make better music and be a better guitar player instead.

Maybe you are not the greatest authority in reading between the lines or I am not an authority in putting thoughts precisely into words:

Precisely because I AM absolutely satisfied with the Company and my Kempers I want to see THEM flourish and I want Christoph Kemper to bring me and the world a Kemper II and not anybody else. Sooner than later.

But even if so, don't forget that we are not talking about a religion, after all, but about a company and a product that you pay for. You always get what you pay for and you always deserve what you pay for in a business world.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

New and shiny is its own draw. I found the Quad Cortex ads terribly annoying. "Most powerful blah, blah, blah....." It'll probably be very good, but to me, they've already oversold it. To the point I don't care. Reminds me of Flavor Flav of Public Enemy "Don't believe the hype...."

As for Kemper's continued upgrades, one need only look at his development of the Virus keyboards prior to entering the guitar market. He did almost exactly the same thing. He may be trying your patience, but in crass terms - he doesn't give a shit. This is how he works and always has.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• he doesn't give a shit.

(As it already has become somewhat off topic and I heard this from very few people, let me add:) Maybe CK is a business world exception (maybe not) but let me ask: How do you know? Surely you have strong evidence for knowing what he exactly thinks. I suspect that it in this case it is rather you who is delighted by your own thought of not giving a shit yourself but this again is speculation and would be totally fine if it was true. I own a rather small business myself and from what I have learned so far businessmen give a whole damn lot of shit, tons of it, if they get positive feedback about their current products. Not because their ego gets smeared but because this is one of many hints that they are doing the right thing. And businessmen also give tons of shit about what greater numbers of their customers and the market desires in future products. This whole section of this forum is exactly about this: giving shit on what customers think and want. Is everything relevant? Does every little request, emotion and thought count? Of course not. But chances are that, yes, CK gives a lot of shit. I can understand why ge remains silent, though. I think (again speculation) that as a good engineer AND businessman he is able to distinguish between comments and requests that are useful for him and comments that are for mere entertainment, thought expression etc. ;).

• Don't you worry too much, you'll have a hard time to find any other guitar gear that has flourished as much as the Profiler did (and continues to do) in the last decade. ;)

Fair enough. I've done my contribution by owning 4 Kempers now 8o.

• (As it already has become somewhat off topic and I heard this from very few people, let me add:) Maybe CK is a business world exception (maybe not) but let me ask: How do you know? Surely you have strong evidence for knowing what he exactly thinks. I suspect that it in this case it is rather you who is delighted by your own thought of not giving a shit yourself but this again is speculation and would be totally fine if it was true. I own a rather small business myself and from what I have learned so far businessmen give a whole damn lot of shit, tons of it, if they get positive feedback about their current products. Not because their ego gets smeared but because this is one of many hints that they are doing the right thing. And businessmen also give tons of shit about what greater numbers of their customers and the market desires in future products. This whole section of this forum is exactly about this: giving shit on what customers think and want. Is everything relevant? Does every little request, emotion and thought count? Of course not. But chances are that, yes, CK gives a lot of shit. I can understand why ge remains silent, though. I think (again speculation) that as a good engineer AND businessman he is able to distinguish between comments and requests that are useful for him and comments that are for mere entertainment, thought expression etc. ;).

Man....the word count alone......

If you’d bother to read the comment in-context, you’d see I was being *very* specific with it.

• Man....the word count alone......

If you’d bother to read the comment in-context, you’d see I was being *very* specific with it.

Admittedly a little exaggerated but also you get the point.

To return to topic again: my whole point maybe was that a Kemper mini makes a lot of sense for me but I am torn between saying I want it immediately with this generation (parts should be already small enough (?) to put them into a smaller green box) or to better say no, from a business point of view it makes no sense to NOT put all the extra money, research and efforts into the next generation instead of messing with the (although successful) past generation. Competitors do not sleep but Kemper, I guess, also does not. We will see, spoke the blind.

• As for Kemper's continued upgrades, one need only look at his development of the Virus keyboards prior to entering the guitar market. He did almost exactly the same thing. He may be trying your patience, but in crass terms - he doesn't give a shit. This is how he works and always has.

I thought there were a few different versions of the Virus. I also have a TDM version on Pro Tools as a plugin.

The main problem with a Kemper II is that they don't see significant gains. To be fair, the Quad Cortex doesn't seem to offer much more in sound and people are dazzled by nice screens in the end.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Admittedly a little exaggerated but also you get the point.

To return to topic again: my whole point maybe was that a Kemper mini makes a lot of sense for me but I am torn between saying I want it immediately with this generation (parts should be already small enough (?) to put them into a smaller green box) or to better say no, from a business point of view it makes no sense to NOT put all the extra money, research and efforts into the next generation instead of messing with the (although successful) past generation. Competitors do not sleep but Kemper, I guess, also does not. We will see, spoke the blind.

You’ve made *your* point, but completely missed mine.

• I would really like to have a Kemper Mini, and I hope they will do it soon. Quad Cortex is comming out soon (will sound great I guess), the BOSS GT-1000 Core is here (not on Kemper level), Line 6 has the Helix stomp (I really don't like how it sounds)... But I would like to stick with KEMPER. Just ordered a Kabinet... let's see if that makes goot thing even better.
    I wouldn't sell my Kemper Power, but the mini Kemper would be great for travelling or for use with the acoustic guitar (Kemper works great with acoustic guitar !!)

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|