Kemper Mini?

• FYI a Kemper that couldn't profile would need basically the same amount of memory, tech, I/O, connection options, etc. But yup, a powered Kemper Stage would be great.

• I'll add one thing.....whatever kemper does next add in LEDs on the footswitches.

Line 6 helix/RJM and now QC (well at least with the screen) you can see what you are gonna stand on is gonna do.

The remote/stage screen is way too small to see what the individual performances are.

I'm so tired of sticking tape on floor pedals telling me what is what.

• I suppose a powered Mini could work; however, once you add a power amp in it, suddenly you have lots of things that can fail and require protection. They also tend to be heavy, and they add cost in addition to the weight .... and size .... and require a more complex thermal solution (the heat has to go somewhere). Just think about the difference in price from the KPA head to the KPA powered head and that would likely be the difference in both size (for the module area) and the price.

Besides, Kemper would be better off creating a powered Kabinet IMO.

I do agree that just removing the ability to profile is not enough product differentiation from the Kemper Stage.

• thats why performance mode bites- should be able to create setlists

"Bites" ....cute. Juvenile, but cute.

While a handful of feature-adds would be nice, it is far from useless....and you can create setlists. I do it all the time. Perhaps not the way *you* want them to exist....but you most certainly can.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• "Bites" ....cute. Juvenile, but cute.

While a handful of feature-adds would be nice, it is far from useless....and you can create setlists. I do it all the time. Perhaps not the way *you* want them to exist....but you most certainly can.

when you can t see the name and cant arrange rigs as you want and create folders on device - that is more important than a ipad editor

• when you can t see the name and cant arrange rigs as you want and create folders on device - that is more important than a ipad editor

You can create Performances, swap rigs, slot locations and arrange performance on the KPA. You can also name everything from the KPA itself. This has been true pretty much since the unit first shipped in 2011.

Folders would be nice - but everything else is already there. I know it works because initially, I barely used Rig Manager. Performance mode was and still is where I spend the vast majority of my time.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• You can create Performances, swap rigs, slot locations and arrange performance on the KPA. You can also name everything from the KPA itself. This has been true pretty much since the unit first shipped in 2011.

Folders would be nice - but everything else is already there. I know it works because initially, I barely used Rig Manager. Performance mode was and still is where I spend the vast majority of my time.

If I could write my one "Set List Editor" for KPA, you would be able to assign a performance name to a song. You could create a list of songs in any order and name the set list. The KPA would then have the performance for the first song in the first performance slot, etc, etc.

The way my gigs usually go is that we decide what songs we are going to play, write it down (spread sheet with big print so you can see it on a dark stage from a standing position when it is on the floor). If I could just have the tools for that .... it would be a great Christmas present :).

• The way my gigs usually go is that we decide what songs we are going to play, write it down (spread sheet with big print so you can see it on a dark stage from a standing position when it is on the floor). If I could just have the tools for that .... it would be a great Christmas present :).

That’s the reason we use an app (BandHelper). We create the setlists with it, share,print... it

If I select a song from the setlist the banhelper app sends bpm and midi infos to the Kemper which switch to the performance/slot.

• Why not a mini toaster o mini rack? Just it.

Same features, conections...everithing, but minisized.

Not an all-in-one thing, because you will be able to control that with the remote.

Something tha could be packed in a mono tick case or a kind of...

Mini-Kemper + remote added to your gigbag without oversizing it a lot.

Something more portable.

I sold my toaster because of the size and bought the stage.

Even the stage is not very light and small, it's in the line to be just unconfortable to carry with a guitar.

I was afraid to put that piece of premium gear to stomp or so near to the audience, their hands and beers.

So I would put a remote on the floor rather a stage in this situation, and the brain of the machine away of the danger of a drunk and

enthusiastic member of the audience and his/her threw up or so....

The price? almost the same, I don't care a lot if it's not cheaper

• Is the demand big enough? Is the risk worth it? The kemper team is after all a small team and it's time and money consuming building something new and they still have to do their usual job or probably need to hire more staff. I know this has been asked about before about a smaller unit but it seems ppl seems to forget valid questions like this. It's not just making something new and hoping for the best and hope guitarists will buy the product. It doesn't work like that.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Is the demand big enough? Is the risk worth it? The kemper team is after all a small team and it's time and money consuming building something new and they still have to do their usual job or probably need to hire more staff. I know this has been asked about before about a smaller unit but it seems ppl seems to forget valid questions like this. It's not just making something new and hoping for the best and hope guitarists will buy the product. It doesn't work like that.

This sounds like the same arguments everybody gave when people started asking for what bassically is the stage today, or the powered kabinet, or the rig manager editor....

The answer is 42

• This sounds like the same arguments everybody gave when people started asking for what bassically is the stage today, or the powered kabinet, or the rig manager editor....

No.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I guess my only thought is that for any live setting, you also need a foot controller, and that and the control unit together would still be fairly large unless you seriously changed the functionality of the controller (which would not allow them to use the same code base nearly as much).

The stage operates almost exactly like the rack and toaster. The mini would need to do the same thing except to use an app to do the tweaking (which they now have through a tablet).

Lastly, a separate FC and head of any kind is going to be more expensive than just a FC mini. Since Kemper already has the stage product, the mini would necessarily need to be significantly less expensive not to compete with the stage.

I do agree that I like the controller -> FC model for the stage cleanliness (less cables around my feet). I don't know how many people would be willing to fork out the extra cash for this setup more so than a stage mini stand alone though.

• I'm sure a single unit rack would be possible after seeing what is inside. However, I expect keeping costs down by using the same parts for each type of Kemper is a consideration. Also it was a 3u rack to accommodate the controls and screen. Don't forget that the toaster and rack were designed before there was an editor.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I'm sure a single unit rack would be possible after seeing what is inside. However, I expect keeping costs down by using the same parts for each type of Kemper is a consideration. Also it was a 3u rack to accommodate the controls and screen. Don't forget that the toaster and rack were designed before there was an editor.

I was thinking about this recently. A 1u is definitely possible with the internal circuit boards - a deeper 1u like other preamps.

But peeps would complain that the screen was smaller/some knobs were missing/you 'had' to use Rig Manager....... A 2u would be cool though.

• I still think a Kemper mini in size of Line6 HX Stomp would be absolutely great!

- it would work for people who want to integrate it in their pedal board

- it would be great for traveling

- best sollution for desktop studios with limited space

- if would be enough for people who only use few sounds and effects live

- it would fit almost everywhere like a "swiss army knive - Kemper" ;)

For me it wouldn't have to be much cheaper than the stage, I would still buy it.

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• Thinking about such a target group (people who only use few sounds and effects, pedalboard integration...), the Strymon Iridium already does pretty much everything for way less money.

Soundwise it's in the same league and imo takes overdrive pedals even better than Kemper.

If you really want a specific sound of a Kemper rig, you can make an IR of Kemper cab section and load that to the Iridium - many would be surprised how close that sounds.

• If there will be no successor to this Kemper generation, soon, a Kemper mini with the current layout etc. makes sense now. But let's wait for Winter Namm. The Amp X will be launched and I guess Line6 will surprise us, too. Then we will see if a mini Kemper with the current OS will still make sense from a sales pow.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio