TONE CHANGE WHEN SWITCHING FROM BROWSER TO PROFILER

• If this has been answered, I'm sorry. I searched but couldn't find a thread or I just wasn't wording it correctly.

When I switch from Browser to Profiler, the profile that was selected in the Browser becomes the "Kemper Amp" in the profiler section that you use to A/B the Reference amp with before profiling. My question is why does the tone of said profile change so drastically when switching between Browser and Profiler? A lot of times, it's like a blanket is taken off the profile and sometimes it's almost desirable, but I can't replicate it back in the Browser section. This is with everything flattened out on the eq's, no stomps, effects, parameters are all normal and even the Reference Amp is muted.

Any input is appreciated and if we need audio for reference, let me know and I will supply it. Thank you!

Zach/Titan Studios

• I had this same issue. In browser mode, the profile sounded great, but the moment I added it to a performance, it was kind of blah. I noticed on the Input, for the performance, it would turn up the noise gate, and turn clean sense to zero, where the original profile had noise gate at zero, and clean sense at 5.0. Once I changed the input values in the performance, it sounded just right.

• It may also help to think of it this way -

Any profile you add to a performance is then a new profile, now separate from the Browser mode profile. Any changes you make in the Performance version of the profile will not affect the Browser version and vice versa.

So in this case, it may be possible that Clean sense and the Noise reduction may have been locked in the Performance so the Browser values didn't carry through. If not, I can't tell you why they might have changed. Keep in mind that Locks are also separate between Browser and Performance modes. But as you've seen, once changed to match in both places they would be the same.

• The whole Output Section is global. So, its setting sare applied in all modes in the same way.

Be aware, that locking is independent between Browser and Performance Mode. If you enter PROFILER Mode from Browser Mode, its last Rig from browser Mode gets applied including locking. If you enter PROFILER Mode from Performance Mode, its last Rig gets applied including locking. This might result in different base sounds in PROFILER Mode.