KIPR to WAV conversion

• Hello,

This is my first post. I would like to ask you is there any option to convert KIPR file into WAV? Ive tried to look online etc but I was unable to find anything.

Thank you for help

• I guess you don't own a kemper and want that quality into another amp sim, right? Overloud claim they have succeded and created, well not profiles from kemper, but some kind of process and made presets for their ampsim . So I gave the ampsim a try and...it doesn't come close. If you want the quality a kemper can give you have to own one.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It’s also handy to be able to have the same cab you created when profiling a studio profile then being able to put it into an IR loader in your daw for refining the DI profile of the same amp.

I am now having great results with the Suhr Reactive Load IR. I can put the same cab from the Suhr into the Space Designer for the DI part of the profile.

• I guess you don't own a kemper and want that quality into another amp sim, right? Overloud claim they have succeded and created, well not profiles from kemper, but some kind of process and made presets for their ampsim . So I gave the ampsim a try and...it doesn't come close. If you want the quality a kemper can give you have to own one.

Yes I do not have one... YET :) Thing is I want to use them in DAW and that is the reason why I wish to convert them.

• Unfortunately since KPIR files actually aren't wave files, there's nothing to extract. They are files that contain parameters for the entire rig including effects settings and profile information gleaned from when the amp was profiled. You may have to wait until you get a Kemper.

• Yes I do not have one... YET :) Thing is I want to use them in DAW and that is the reason why I wish to convert them.

I understand but until you have one, you have to use whatever you're using right now. You can always reamp your DI tracks with your future kemper.

Henry David Thoreau

• If the only thing you're trying to extract is the Kemper's cab, it can be done. Just reamp an impulse through the Kemper (ideally through S/PDIF and capture the output digitally with everything disabled except for the cab. Crop & normalize, there's your IR.

• If the only thing you're trying to extract is the Kemper's cab, it can be done. Just reamp an impulse through the Kemper (ideally through S/PDIF and capture the output digitally with everything disabled except for the cab. Crop & normalize, there's your IR.

You didn't read all the posts right? He doesn't have a kemper. That's why he started the thread.

Henry David Thoreau

• dhodgson: Although not an answer to the OP: Yep, nice and short! But there is a small limitation to this: The Profiler has an input filter that is inevitably baked into extracted IRs. You can get rid of it though.

BTW: What is your strategy when it comes to normalising the extracted IR? If you would be so kind, please report to the mentioned thread.