Keeping It Cool - inspired by Larry Carlton

• This tune started with the bass. I had just received the Atomic Amps Bass Box and I really liked this sound I got so I figured I'd just write a tune where I could play it.

As most of those who've heard more than a few of my tunes know I tend to gravitate towards the smooth jazz/pop style of the late 80s and early 90s. One of my major influences was Larry Carlton and I think that's quite evident in this tune.

The profiles I used for the melody and second guitar solo was from my own D-style ODS Rig Pack

The first guitar solo was a prototype D*mble rig I got from Michael Britt.

Guitar for melody/solo: Collings I-35LC

Hope you'll like it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Awesome bass sound indeed Mats. And a great tune with great sound. I like the "air" in the mix and the room for the instruments, especially drums and the bass. But keys and guitar great as well. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

• Back to your roots, Mats! :D

Good stuff, man. Agree with deadman42 that it sounds really-open and airy. To me it has that "dimensional" quality you hear on Larry's Friends album. Loved the mellow saw-synth lead and the way the lead guitar contrasts with it when it comes in at 2:18.

I see Hester Ethelyn was impressed too judging by the way she propositioned you at 26s. :D

Awesome! 8)