Main and monitor volumes indipendent control in each single rig

• To avoid problems related to volume imbalances between presets and rigs, also due to the difference in frequencies emitted between the monitor system and the foh, it could be important to insert 2 independent, main volume and monitor volume controls, on the settings of each single rig ...

• Volume inbalances between Rigs should be fixed via Rig Volume and other volumes within a Rig.

Frequency differences between monitor system and FOH should be adressed by adjusting the eqs and volume of MAIN OUTPUT and MONITOR OUTPUT within the output section, which are global settings by nature.

We think, these options cover all requirements effectively.

You probably don't want to rework volumes and eqs by Rig for each gig, that you play. And such an approach would compromize the ability to share Rigs within the community as Rigs would include adjustments for specific monitoring environments.

• No, acting on the volume rig I act on the volume of all the performance then on the volume of both outputs.

Exactly, not wanting to retouch the eq and the volumes at every single concert, wouldn't it be more intuitive to have control of the output volumes on every single rig? So that you can adjust the output volumes of each performance preset in seconds

• I agree with Burkhard. The level imbalances between rigs are global not specific to one output or the other. Therefore, use Rig volume to balance level to taste between rigs. Then use Volume and EQ on each output in the Output Menu to adjust levels and EQ to suit the room for all rigs. The EQ content problems you imply are room specific not rig specific. Therefore, adjusting one to the room should be all that is needed.

• No, I try to explicate what I intended...

So, I use a 2x12 guitar cabinet plugged on monitor output, and main output plugged to Foh.

I've created a performance with 5 preset.

Then I had balanced the volume of each preset on the monitor cab at the same volume level by rig volume.

When I've listen the preset on the foh I notice the volume of presets unbalanced, differently in the monitor the level of each preset are ok.

Now, if I had to change the parameters on global setting, like volume rig or monitor volume or main volume, I change booth monitor volume and main volume, keeping the volumes differences in the preset.

So, I know that frequencies influence the volume level, but i wrote in this forum for this:

isn't more practically and intuitive, added a volume level for main and monitor out configurable per each preset???

Edited 3 times, last by streleo ().

• I can see the benefit of this. I have some profiles that certain frequencies are accentuated through a PA versus through guitar speakers. If I used a few Mesa Profiles and then went to Marshall profiles, they had similar output volumes through my V30/G12T-75 cabinet, but their full-range frequency differences made the Mesa Profiles significantly louder through a PA. I suppose that I could use an EQ block to remedy this and pull some of those frequencies out, but what if I already had every slot filled with effects? I'm not saying this NEEDS to be implemented, but I can definitely sympathize with his situation because I've experienced it myself.

Since I use a Kemper Kone now, i haven't had this issue, because it seems to match the PA tone pretty well. YMMV, but if it isn't a difficult addition to program, it would help at least some folks out there.

-StumblinMan

(Gary)

• A general aspect that I would like to underline on the basis of the previous posts, is that I consider its potential in "ready to play" to be an absolute strength of Kemper.

Even a less experienced user has the possibility to prepare a performance in a few steps with the possibility to choose the right sound for the performance in seconds.

But if the user has to start struggling with volume problems, then he has to tweak the eq, the volumes of the outputs, the various global parameters, then going to modify the sound he liked previously, here is this extraordinary point of strength is lost.

I therefore believe that intuitive parameters are useful for fixing this kind of problem in a few seconds, making the device quick and intuitive.

• I can see the benefit of this. I have some profiles that certain frequencies are accentuated through a PA versus through guitar speakers. If I used a few Mesa Profiles and then went to Marshall profiles, they had similar output volumes through my V30/G12T-75 cabinet, but their full-range frequency differences made the Mesa Profiles significantly louder through a PA. I suppose that I could use an EQ block to remedy this and pull some of those frequencies out, but what if I already had every slot filled with effects? I'm not saying this NEEDS to be implemented, but I can definitely sympathize with his situation because I've experienced it myself.

Since I use a Kemper Kone now, i haven't had this issue, because it seems to match the PA tone pretty well. YMMV, but if it isn't a difficult addition to program, it would help at least some folks out there.

I still feel we are mixing two different issues which should be kept apart logically.

If a PA accentuates certain frequencies, this influences all PROFILEs that you play through it. It might be more apparent with some and less with other PROFILEs, but it must always be the same frequency accentuation e. g. +3 db at 1000 Hz. The PA cannot apply +3db at 1000 Hz while you play a Mesa Boogie PROFILE through it and be flat while you play a Marshall PROFILE through it. Therefor the solution is to lower this frequency using the Main Output EQ globally. This will adjust the sound of all your PROFILEs to the sound you are used to, even if you just notice it with some PROFILEs. This is as intuitive as it gets.

A prerequisite is, that the volumes of your Rigs are already optimized and stored for the band mix in the musical scene you want to use it for. If you do this prepwork thoroughly - ideally through a quality monitoring system - your PA specific adjustments are just global in nature and that is what the output equalizers are here for.