Recording Kemper thru studio monitors

• Ok, I’ve had my kemper for several years and I have tried many output set ups. I think it sounds best hooked up directly to my studio monitors and whenever I go to record, I run it direct thru my Focusrite interface and it doesn’t sound nearly as good. My question is has anyone recorded their kemper using a microphone thru studio monitors? :/

• And then you put your microphone into the Focusrite and you´re back on square one :P

Most of the profiles are already recorded with microphone so it would be a very strange sound I think ......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Micing studio monitors doesn't sound like a good idea. At best, you'd be adding characteristics of the mic(s) and picking mic placement.

Maybe you should be looking into what's wrong with your settings in using the Focusrite. Maybe you're overdriving the Focusrite inputs with the Kemper?

If you describe exactly what the problem is maybe someone with the same interface might have more specific suggestions.

• I’m using the main outputs set to stereo out and the input volumes on the focusrite are not set too high. I think for me it seems the conversion tends to downgrade the quality. The preamps sound great with a studio mic though. I was just wondering if I was the only one who feels this way.

• Right, it might be brand new out of the box, but that doesn't mean it's set up for recording. My guess is that your master volume outout levels are too low, and that you have Space turned on in your headphones but not in the master output.