Advice needed Kemper Kabinet/Kone vs Gemini FRFR

• I own a Mission Engineering Gemini 1 powered cabinet. I am thinking about selling it and get one or two Kabinets. Would that be a good idea?

Have anyone compared Geminis cabinets vs Kabinet in FRFR mode?

• I have the Gemini 2 and a 2x12 cab with two Kemper Kones.

They both sound great in different ways. The Kone sounds more real like a guitar cab. If I could only have one it would be the Kone. But I’m keeping both.

Kones are only like $150 if you have a 1x12 cab laying around. I would just get that and play with it before you sell anything.

• Ive heard the Gemini's are excellent, however I can't see how it could sound better than a Kabinet or Kone, though I could be wrong.

Certainly price wise the Kabinet makes more sense and I'm glad it came out when it did as I was tempted by the Gemini.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I would say that if you are going for like a Pink Floyd tone or a real processed 80's new wave thing the Gemini 2 can't be beat. But for a more raw bluesy realistic guitar tone the Kemper Kone is the one.

I recommend just getting a 1X12 or 2X12 guitar cabinet (you can find bargain used ones everywhere if you don't already have any) and buy the Kone speakers and install them. It's really easy and comes with a clear diagram for 1, 2 or 4 speaker setups.

• I would say that if you are going for like a Pink Floyd tone or a real processed 80's new wave thing the Gemini 2 can't be beat. But for a more raw bluesy realistic guitar tone the Kemper Kone is the one.

Thats an interesting insight.

What would you say for metal Mesaboogie “chuga chuga” metal riffs (ala Metallica, DreamTheater) and 70s/80s Marshall Plexi Hard Rock tones (ACDC, LedZep..)

I don’t have a cab, but finding one won’t be a problem.

• My thoughts are that the 70's 80's Plexi tones sound best on the Kone.

BUT I have to also say that the Top Jimi EVH profiles sound AMAZING on the Gemini 2. It's EVH in a box for sure. But those tones through my Kemper Kones are just OK. Not the same at all.