Rig Manager won't save names for slots

• I'm using the latest version of RM and am having a weird issue. When in performance mode, in the local library, I'm editing a performance. When attempting to change the name of one of the slots, it lets me change it, then when I click on Store Performance to save it, it reverts back to the original name. If I recycle the power to my Profiler it works for a little while, then happens again. Thoughts?

DSJ

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music

• I read where if you change the name to "lead" "rhythm" or "killer death ray" etc. it Keeps that name but drops in the profile. I as of yet have never changed a rig name so I can exclude that as a possible reason. I am having the same thing & opposite happen. Sometimes the name will change but the previous rig will return. I can hit the button that clears it first or drag and drop over it and it still will occasionally revert. When that happens I have found clearing performance is the only way to get it back to normal and quit popping something in there I don't want.

Similar problems are being discussed here in public forum "performance synchronization"

IMO rig manager kind of "spaces out" sometimes and looses sync. I love using it but I wish it was more dependable.

As a workaround, I've found that if I edit in RM but use save button on the device, (first looking at the KPA to make sure it reads the same as what I want to save), It hasn't failed yet.

I can't remember for sure, but I recall you are supposed to be able to jump between rigs without leaving the performance, and have all edits remain, then save the whole performance at once. Usually I possibly "oversave" and save before I switch rigs within a performance. I wish I didn't have to, but that's my fail safe until I know I can bounce around within a performance and save all at once without edits changing.

• I have been using Kemper Stage and Rig Manager for more than two weeks now. I have lost several times the edits that I did on RM and firstly I thought that I did something wrong. Then I have realized that the mistakes are occurring randomly under the same conditions. It seems like the Rig Manager is disconnecting from time to time. In general, no matter how many times I am pressing to "Store the preset" button the changes do not reflect in the profiler. Sometimes (because I do not see the preset on the device) I am also pressing the soft "store" button and bum the preset in the RM is gone. Several times my "stored" rigs were overwritten mysteriously with the last preset that I just had a look at. I have faced too many errors of different types so I am pretty sure that this case is well known by the Kemper Team. Hope that we will receive a solid solution with more reliable software...

• I'm using the latest version of RM and am having a weird issue. When in performance mode, in the local library, I'm editing a performance. When attempting to change the name of one of the slots, it lets me change it, then when I click on Store Performance to save it, it reverts back to the original name. If I recycle the power to my Profiler it works for a little while, then happens again. Thoughts?

DSJ

It's a bug. You need to uninstall RM completely, including log files from your computer. in Mac use appCleaner and in Windows use IObit Uninstaller. Afterwards, just install the RM again and it will return to normal.

• It's a bug. You need to uninstall RM completely, including log files from your computer. in Mac use appCleaner and in Windows use IObit Uninstaller. Afterwards, just install the RM again and it will return to normal.

a) the bug is macOS only

b) you don't need to use appCleaner or anything like that. Just remove the Rig Manager application and install an older version.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've got this bug on MacOS, latest RM. I just edit the names on the rack itself, and go about my day. Looking forward to the next fix.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I've got this bug on MacOS, latest RM. I just edit the names on the rack itself, and go about my day. Looking forward to the next fix.

yes, you're right. totally sorry, I was intending to say macOS (that's why I've made the bullet point in the first place). my bad.

• yes, you're right. totally sorry, I was intending to say macOS (that's why I've made the bullet point in the first place). my bad.

All good. I know y'all are working on it. Not worried. I managed to get my settings all set up for the new band, so we're good :)

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I too have this issue. I recently installed the beta releases for both the OS and RM and was told that was the problem. The "solution" was to wait for the newer versions which were to be released shortly. In the interim I rolled back my installations to earlier versions - versions that worked fine.

Well, the new releases are now available and I installed them today, these being OS 8.7.1 and RM 3.2.7. Sadly, no happiness, the problem is unresolved.

I sent a ticket to Kemper but have not yet heard back.

• Maybe I'm missing something. How can I download 3.2.72? I'm not seeing it on the Kemper Support page.

Further, when I try to load and install from within RM, using the pop up box telling me a new version of RM is available, all that happens is RM crashes and won't install.

Edit: it causes my Mac to crash, not my newer MacBook Air (M1).

• ARGHH!!!

I'm very close to jut giving up on updates and revert to the older, stable RM. I've updated to 3.2.72, supposedly the latest and greatest and, most importantly, the fix for changing slot names. It sorta seemed to work, at least for a bit. Now, I can change the slot name and the change appears on RM (computer), but the name does NOT change on my Remote. Showing up on the Remote is the whole point.

I'll give it one more try, but I'm inclined to say just forget about it. Anyone know how to roll back to the last, working version of RM?

I've also found that when editing a Performance, adding in a new Profile in one slot causes the "synching performance" message to appear and remain for a long, long time. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes not. It also often causes my Remote to turn black (disconnect) and then return.

I've had my KPA for years and wouldn't exchange it for anything, but RM seems continuously buggy and often frustrating. Maybe Kemper could stop trying to add additional features and just produce a simple version that works?

• I'm very close to jut giving up on updates and revert to the older, stable RM. I've updated to 3.2.72, supposedly the latest and greatest and, most importantly, the fix for changing slot names. It sorta seemed to work, at least for a bit. Now, I can change the slot name and the change appears on RM (computer), but the name does NOT change on my Remote. Showing up on the Remote is the whole point.

you can change slot names now, so why do you post this issue here? it's probably related to your computer setup.

i'll close this thread now. for those who have issues changing slot names, please use 3.2.72 which contains a fix.