Notes lack bloom

• So I just got my stage profiler and I played around with the default amp profile and the chords sound great but when I hit single notes they seem to be thin sounding and heavy on the pick attack (reminiscent to me of Mesa Boogie amps that I don’t like for that very reason). Changing the “pick” setting doesn’t solve the issue for me. I profiled my amp and have the same issue.

Is this just me or is this a common concensus?

• So I just got my stage profiler and I played around with the default amp profile and the chords sound great but when I hit single notes they seem to be thin sounding and heavy on the pick attack (reminiscent to me of Mesa Boogie amps that I don’t like for that very reason). Changing the “pick” setting doesn’t solve the issue for me. I profiled my amp and have the same issue.

Try adjusting the values for "Power Sagging", "Tube Shape", and "Definition" in the Amp menu. Push the Amp button and go

through the pages of parameters to find them. All of those parameters are super important to familiarize yourself with :)

"Power Sagging" controls the bloom of the notes just like sagging from a Power Amp would cause. 0 is no Sag or bloom and higher values increase it.

"Tube Shape" controls shaping the distortion characteristics of the tubes. Around 3 is going to sound like preamp tube distortion, and higher up around 9 is going sound more like power amp distortion.

"Definition" controls the characteristic fingerprint of the amp. So it basically controls where the harmonic content of the amp sits. Lower values will sound like a vintage amp since the harmonics for a vintage amp are usually lower harmonics. And higher values will sound like a modern amp since modern amps have more pronounced harmonics higher up than Vintage amps. And higher values are supposed to also work for expensive boutique amps, because a lot of boutique amps supposedly have a lot of harmonics in the high up frequencies.

The Kemper manual has a lot of really great and easy to absorb info in it. I'd highly recommend checking out the info about working with different types of Profiles, how to use them, and working with guitar cabs and power amps. And also, all of the sections regarding the different sections and menus in the KPA. It really helps ease your workflow and entire process if you're familiar with the UI, and especially the parameters in the Amp menu. When I'm dialing in a profile, I usually end up tweaking parameters in the Amp menu first. So I'd say at least read up about those ^^

If you get familiar with the Amp Menu, Input Menu, Rig Menu, and Output Menu, you'll be unstoppable when dialing in your tones!;)

I hope this helps :)

Is this just me or is this a common concensus?

Are you using studio monitors, frfr or a real cab?

• Why don't you like pure cab? Maybe I'm missing something. I've tested, and tested it, recorded and use IEM's live, I think it sounds great FOH.

hi jon9max I know this question wasn't directed at me but, I think some of this info might help :)I'm not sure about Ibot39 but, I personally prefer PureCabinet off with high gain profiles and most mid gain profiles. Ibot39 makes a great suggestion regarding that. On lower gain and overdriven profiles I don't mind it because it doesn't affect the sound so much. But I find that to my ears, PureCab alters some of the overall sound of the profile and and can sometimes change the high end in an undesirable way when used on a high gain Profile. PureCab is supposed to basically dial out any phase cancellation or comb filtering issues that the mic setup of the Cab section has from when being Profiled. High gain Profiles tend to get more noticeably affected by these things when mic'ing and it can cause the high end fizz sometimes and other things like that. And the PureCab parameter is supposed to combat that and smooth it out.

To my ears, if a Profile has a lot of "fizz" or any sonic effects from the mic'ing, then PureCab changes the fundamental tone too much, even at .1 lol. But if a Profile doesn't have much "fizz" or anything like that, then PureCab doesn't change the tone so drastically and that's when I don't mind it at lower settings(between .5-3). I just like don't like the fundamental tone to be changed too much. And PureCab just happens to be more noticeable on high gain Profiles haha 8o

An important things to note is that PureCab has 2 locations in the KPA. One in the Output Menu, and one in the Cabinet Men (this one has a soft button to turn PureCab on/off, and a knob to set the value of the global setting). The one in the Output Menu is global so, unless any Profiles have a higher value set in the Cab Menu, then the value in the Output Menu will take priority in the KPA. So if PureCab is on globally in the Output Menu, then it'll be on even if you set it to 0 in the Cab Menu. You should be able to tell if it's on because in the Cab menu it'll show under the Cabinet name if there's any Global PureCab setting active. So unless it's turned off in the Output Menu, it's always on basically. I personally turn it off globally in the Output Menu and set it individually for each profile in the Cab menu:)

• Pure cab is a matter of taste. I used it in the beginning of my Kemper days and liked the effect on some rigs. Today, if a profile has some "phasyness" I just change to another one that I like more ?

Pure cab has the tendency to make all profiles sound similar and killing the character and openess of some profiles. High gain gets muddy. And the feel changes too - easy to try.

People not used to miced cabs or confronted with cabs badly miced may like pure cab and say it sounds more "natural" this way. People used to the sound of miced cabs may say it changes the authentic sound and sounds unnatural ^^