So just how exactly are you doing this....?

• Sometimes things are so obvious you just miss it. ;)

How are you getting the tones from the Kone's into your DAW?

Any other way besides micing them up?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I saw a post from either G String or Burkhard a while ago where he was saying that the Kabinet wasn't really meant for miking, that it was more for the amp in the room experience. I would assume that the same would apply to the Kone, whatever cabinet it was put in.

One of the things I've always loved about the Kemper is that the mics I used for guitar now sit quietly in the mic cabinet awaiting other duties. Of course, there are no rules in music, so if you stick a mic in front of it and like how the track sounds, then it's a good track.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• The signal you pick from MONITOR OUT while the KEMPER Kone engine is enabled does always include a specific sound optimization for the KEMPER Kone chassis. Physically you can record that signal, but it won't result in an authentic imprint sound. The same applies if you pick the signal from the DI output of a power amp fed by the MONITOR OUTPUT. KEMPER Kone engine is really designed for your personal monitoring.

I would rather record cabinet PROFILEs as usual. If you intend to eliminate the influence of the microphone included in the cabinet PROFILE you should use PURE CABINET for that purpose.