ToneJunkie Dumble's 2204 Pack

• HW of Tone Junkie has often proclaimed, that the new pack is the best they have done so far. Then another best followed... Sky is the limit ^^

He really is enthusiastic about his profiles, answers all the questions... and he is also a good business man ;)

But now with the Dumble's 2204 pack (Morgan PX50 / Marshall 2204 with Dumble mod) it's me who gets enthusiastic. This really is a killer pack that offers so much. The profiles with Celestion G12H30 are my favourite. Although they are bright and cut through, they are not piercing and even work great with external pedals! Seems those speakers are played in very well! The G12M25 are nice too - rounder and a tad darker. Great with hi-gain rigs and should work good live.

Gain range from beautiful clean to 8.5 hi gain - it's all there. Perfect for retro rock too. I love it:love:

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• Sounds good! How does they pair with imprints & cone? Hopefully well enough justifying couple additional superlatives ??

• Sounds good! How does they pair with imprints & cone? Hopefully well enough justifying couple additional superlatives ??

I don't have Kemper Kone.

The pack comes with extra DI profiles - but haven't tried with my real cabs neither. I only listened with studio monitors (APS Klasik 2020).

• I've listened to a lot of Dumble videos (through studio monitors), including Fuchs or other Dumble heritage stuff, Kemper profiles and actual Dumbles captured in the wild. This is an embarrassing thing to say in a roomful of guitarists, but... I just don't get it.

Dumbles are revered as magical, mythical creatures, and price tags for the real deal, if you can find one, are nothing short of astronomical. Is it because there were only a relatively few made and scarcity gives them this halo effect, or is there some specific characteristic of the sound?

Honestly, after listening to a lot of them I think they sound fine, but not really all that different than lots of other stuff. I realize this is blasphemy and I'm not trying to be negative or take the shine off the amp. Rather, I'm trying to understand what it is about the Dumble sound that makes it so loved. Do you just have to be in the room with one to get it?

[edit]

I just listened to the 12 minute demo of this profile pack, and the sounds are outstanding. And yet, to further emphasize my ignorance, what I hear are killer Marshall sounds. The Dumble-ness of it escapes me. But then, I'm not really sure what Dumble-ness actually is.

[/edit]

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

Edited 2 times, last by Chris Duncan ().

• I'm with you on this. I've tried a lot of Dumble profiles, but they just don't make it to my list of top rigs.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• That part I get, and it's certainly a great sounding Marshall. However, I don't know what the "Dumble mod" contributes. That's the part I'm trying to understand.

I was curious, too. I’ve found this company which explains the Ultra Phonic Mod made by Dumble, a bit.

http://www.sebagosound.com/index.php?id=20
    It is not a “Dumble sound” in any donor amp, it is more like steroids for your amp, while keeping the signature tone and character of the donor amp. Typically done in Fender amps.

HW’s profile name might be confusing, although he clarifies in the description that this is the recreation of a CLONE of a Marshall 2204 with the UltraPhonic mod. Morgan PX50 is a clone of that amp, but HW did not mention Morgan’s in the description, though.

Morgan’s Official Facebook page shows that they will profile Dustin Lynch’s PX50, for their own Kemper samples. Do you know if official Morgan’s profiles are public?

https://web.facebook.com/Morga…alf-a-do/1645261252283357

Edited once, last by Syntek ().

• I'm trying to understand what it is about the Dumble sound that makes it so loved. Do you just have to be in the room with one to get it?

I've read that every single handmade Dumble amp sounds different and were tailor made for the player. There has to be something special about it, I guess.

I haven't tried a real Dumble not even a clone, but some Dumble related profiles sound good and different to me. MBritt OTS (Ceriatone Overtone) and RigManager's Lenny-SRV by Allex (SteelStringer)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Syntek ().

• I've read that every single handmade Dumble amp sounds different and were tailor made for the player. There has to be something special about it, I guess.

Interesting and well made video, but I think he hit on the key point: "Imagine if Jim Marshall only made 300 amps ever."

Needless to say, that one is a clone, too. I've not played a real one. I raised my eyebrows at the price tag of one in a store, ten or so years ago. It was ten thousand dollars, used. I guess it would have been a good investment ;)

If I spent $10,000 on a guitar amp I would expect it to come with a supermodel to hold my drink for me while I played. In fact, if anyone offers such a bundle, I think I have room on my credit card...

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• True story - bought Reampzone's Dumble profiles and immediately wrote a new song with profile number 79.

This is what happens with great tones ...

Have a listen to Marco Petta playing through some of them on the toob ..

Will probably snag the TJ ones too -

Edited once, last by paddyc ().

• I have (had) been a member of Amp Garage for over 13 years and built a copy of the Dumble #124 low plate Skyliner. Tweaked it a lot w/ help from Scott Lerner, Brandon Montgomery (of Bludotone), and others on their forum.

Yes, although I acquired a great tone from the build, the Kemper and this forum offers so much more versatility than a single amp could ever offer.

Thanks to all who support our Kemper community.

• Interesting and well made video, but I think he hit on the key point: "Imagine if Jim Marshall only made 300 amps ever."

If I spent $10,000 on a guitar amp I would expect it to come with a supermodel to hold my drink for me while I played. In fact, if anyone offers such a bundle, I think I have room on my credit card...

I would reconsider, those supermodels have all kinds of maintenance issues. Just one could make guitar GAS seem like a cheap hobby.