ToneJunkie Dumble's 2204 Pack

• 220.000 for an amp?? you've got to be kidding me!! :)

What you are looking at is cashed-up Boomers indulging their youthful fantasies - eg buying 50s guitars and boutique amps etc - and bidding against each other for scarce items. They have figured out that you can't take with you so - the sky is the limit!

• I would reconsider, those supermodels have all kinds of maintenance issues. Just one could make guitar GAS seem like a cheap hobby.

Good point. I've dated strippers, so one can only imagine.

What you are looking at is cashed-up Boomers indulging their youthful fantasies

I've got the Boomer part down. Any tips on the cashed-up bit?

I mean, you know, besides avoiding strippers and supermodels.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• When I saw Robben Ford I was first row and his Dumble was pointed straight at me. I honestly haven't heard a better electric guitar sound.

That said, I've never been able to reproduce that sound, notwithstanding the fact that I'm not him. ?

• It's like a real LP 59 and a reissue. The difference in price is worth it? And worth it for whom? For Bonamassa probably, not sure it might be for me and those in my lousy league. Not that I might afford a real 59 in the first place! And not all 59s were created equal or are now in the same condition. Probably reissues are more equal, so to speak. More predictable though some may be a tad better than others. The point is what sounds good to you is good. So, this new TJ Dumble/Marshall/Morgan clone pack sounds pretty good...That It?

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I've got the Boomer part down. Any tips on the cashed-up bit?

I mean, you know, besides avoiding strippers and supermodels.

Any student of the media will tell you that simply by being a boomer and by virtue of your avoidance of smashed avocado at brunch you will have a seven figure account in your name at the Boomer Bank just for those little Dumble-style indulgences. Just ask your millenial broker and he will hook you up toot sweet.

• STOP,

For those that don’t like Dumbles this is the Dumble mod for you?,

it’s not a typical Dumble sound, you have to try these, wait for his next sale, I only picked them up on a flash sale for 70% off a few days ago, I had 5 minutes left to purchase and picked them up because my favourite amp that I ever owned was a JCM 800 with a 2204 circuit.

Now it may be a bit of a honeymoon period, but these things may actually be the best profiles I’ve used in my 9 years with the KPA, MY STRAT LOVES THEM, MY LES PAUL SPECIAL P90 EATS THEM, AND EVEN MY VERY PICKY 335 PURRS WITH THEM!

Clean to scream these may become my go to pack.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Have the pack as well and like it a lot, especially the M profiles. Funny enough, these are single mics, Shure 545. The other profiles are Royer 121+545.

Does anybody else thinks that - since HW started to use the 121 for profiles, there is a weird polish/sheen to the profiles, while the fathead profiles were more open sounding? The M profiles have this openness as well. The H don't

• Otoh, he might be using a different preamp, because that strange filter seems to be present even in the single mic profiles

@HW/TJ, die hou change something in your profiling sound chain?