Railways

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I got the new SDX Legacy of Rock, and the sounds are a bit too huge for me to handle so I'm trying to get into the headspace of classic rock. Not quite managing it but having some fun in the process.

• Cool vibe Per, well done. Indeed very classic-rock-ish. I hear a bit of "The Reaper" from Blue Oyster Cult in some of the nice pickings with that rather cleaner sound. Great combination with more gainy stuff :thumbup:8)

• Thanks guys!

As I was making it I was thinking more towards The Who and Big Star and the bands they influenced who were definitely the 90s shoegaze crowd and bands like Ocean Color Scene, Ride etc. But I’ll take BOC, that early rock and metal stuff was all big sounds and riffs there’s no meek textures and chords, everything has to be a lead. It’s also an order or magnitude harder to mix than what I’m used to. Lots for me to learn.